University of Florida Class of 2027 Official Thread

I was wondering the same thing, are the honors program acceptances relayed separately to IT?

My son applied to the honors program and just received the emails. No way of knowing if he was accepted to honors or not. It does not technically state he was accepted.

2 Likes

My daughter applied to honors and did not receive an email.

3 Likes

i also applied to honors and got the email. in-state

1 Like

Does the admissions office handle honors program acceptances, or are those relayed to IT separately?

There is no indication of UF Honors or UF Regular within the emails received. I was able to use the information included in the emails to establish a one.UF ID and PWD. The screen stated it takes a short time for this to be activated. So far no updated email received stating I am all set and my established credentials have not worked on the site yet. This maybe indicative of the error of sending some these emails out may have been caught.

Good to know. We received the email from fsu but not Florida. I was able to set up the fsu account and log in. Seems likely for an “accurate” mistake on decision day, but seems so weird that UF emails would go out a week and a half early.

1 Like

Admissions handles both the acceptance to UF and Honors.

3 Likes

Thank you for keeping us posted Melissa96. Lots of anxiety for sure about what an email means or doesn’t mean.

2 Likes

Yes thanks for the update- it seems you cannot get a gator link without being accepted- which is why this is so very confusing.

Hi Melissa, I just want to clarify your earlier note stating that those that received an email does not mean an acceptance is forthcoming. Is the opposite true as well? That those who did not receive an email does not necessarily indicate a denial?

Is there more detail on how many emails were sent and how and why that happened? having that clarity would go a long way towards easing the anxiety of an already nervous bunch of students and parents

4 Likes

Since I can answer the first part now - there is nothing about the email that went out that has any impact on decisions on the 24th. We have not loaded the information about our class or even finalized decisions yet.

Since the email didn’t come from admissions we are still working on getting answers the second part.

7 Likes

Thank you very much. I appreciate your willingness to answer questions in this format.

1 Like

Melissa96,

I think you would agree anyone who receives an email that opens with “Welcome to University of Florida” from an official UF group would give strong indication of an acceptance to an individual.

Recognizing that things do happen, will UF Admissions put out an official statement on what has happened here once the root cause has been discovered?

Thanks

8 Likes

My applicant got the emails as well. We are in state and applied for the honors college.

My son got the emails as well. We are OOS and applied for the honors college.

I received a gator link back in September to put down a housing deposit.

Everyone receives the housing deposit to set their spot if they attend UFL in the fall. It has no bearing on acceptance.

1 Like

I was wondering if people who are getting the gator link now didn’t get the gator link for the housing deposit back in the fall.

We registered for housing in the fall and I think everyone gets a UFID to register for housing. This was a different email and one you would normally get after acceptance. I hope the just release decisions early if they had a glitch instead of stressing these poor kids out for another 10 days!!

1 Like