University of Florida Class of 2027 Official Thread

To be honest, I don’t think your son will be interested in Honors after this year. He’s likely going to find other interest on campus that (with classes) will take up most of his time. :slight_smile:

After their first year, typical students are going to move off campus with friends. Start participating in clubs, design teams, research, volunteer work, etc.

3 Likes

Just want to echo Gator88NE. The honors college is great for on campus housing and getting class registration preference but after the first year the need for that goes down as students move off campus and get more major specific classes.

1 Like

Is there a chance for an International student to get in through space-available admissions?

D23 deciding between Wisco and UF Pace - any thoughts from those who have kids who have done pace at UF?

Thanks for sharing the stats!

We are in state and in range for all this but still got denied for psychology.
GPA 3.9UW 4.5W
SAT 1480
AP - 9 (4 completed) all 5s AP scholar
Varsity Captain Tennis
NHS President
Created websites for charitable organizations
Founded 2 mental health clubs
Red Cross volunteering
College credit courses in Psych

Would an appeal help?

I’m sorry she wasn’t admitted. With those stats she probably has great offers from other schools. Applying in the late pool definitely puts students at a disadvantage. The likelihood for any appeal being approved is low. The committee would be looking for what is new and compelling to have the committee overturn the admissions decision.

Thanks for the reply! I didn’t understand the “late pool” part we did apply in the first class cycle.

Does anyone know if you can pick a different major at preview day than the one you picked for your application? Like can I go into engineering even though I initially chose econ while completing my applicantion?

2 Likes

Yes

1 Like

I don’t have kids in Pace but from what I’ve read the main con is the limited number of majors (and specific tracks). IF you are very sure what you want to study is on the list, are okay with online learning and more limited campus involvement then it works. But you cannot change majors to something outside the specific Pace majors even after transitioning to campus.

1 Like

Personally I don’t know why one would turn down an equally prestigious school (some would say more prestigious) for a two year online thing - even if you can be adjacent to and in some ways participate on campus.

However, there are some reviews out there - he’s a thread below - it’s from covid time so all the info may not be the same - but some might help you.

There’s a reddit thread but I don’t think you can post - but here’s what a PACE student said - as opposed to most who are shaking their head as to what PACE is.

Good luck whatever you decide. But I think if your kid wants a four year experience, unless it’s a warm /cold or $$ thing, seems like Wisconsin would be the way to go.

Two years ago, I received the same offer you did. I was admitted to UF through the PaCE Program, and frankly I was disappointed. I felt like I did something wrong, like I didn’t really get in, like I wasn’t enough. While I looked at my decision nearly two years ago, I don’t believe I ever could have guessed how much of a blessing in disguise getting accepted to the PaCE Program truly was. As a PaCE Student I was able to travel while still being a full time student. I was able to build my own schedule to maximize my free time to truly invest in the University of Florida community by joining various organizations across campus. I was able to build relationships with so many professors and faculty across campus, including the UF Online staff where I now have the privilege to serve as a UF Online Student Ambassador. This program is so much more than an admissions pathway, it is truly a lifestyle that builds you into an independent learner and self-starter. I am so thankful for all of the personal growth that I have experienced during my time at UF and so much of that has come from being a PaCE Student. I am so excited for the journey you are about to embark on. I encourage you to approach your PaCE decision with an open mind. If there’s anything I can tell you, it’s this: You are more than enough, and now, you are a Florida Gator. Welcome, and congratulations.

Talk to me about UF-PACE program - Colleges and Universities A-Z / University of Florida - College Confidential Forums

1 Like

I know something about this was posted above in the thread but I can’t find it: does anyone have details to share from last year about how many grandparent waivers became available in May, and then again through the summer/September when waivers from other schools around the state that went unused were reallocated to UF?

thank you,@tsbna44 so much for this - super helpful! I wish schools would have “ambassadors” that reach out to students upon acceptance, especially in “conditional” situations. I will look into these links - THANK YOU!

You can contact the school and ask to speak to a former PACE student. I bet UF has one on its ambassador team.

Of course every PACE kid will handle this differently - some from home, some near campus, etc.

1 Like

Is there a Facebook page for incoming freshman to find roommates for fall? Thanks!

I think kids use Instagram for this. Your kid can probably find it. Try ufclassof27 on insta.

If I remember correctly, you are not required to choose a major until your sophomore year (2nd semester). If you are in engineering, I would urge you to check with UF as they operate differently from what I recall. My gator came to UF with 45 credits already established and changed his major after freshman year without any issues.

Hi! Where is the admitted student profile for Class of 2027? Has it been released? Thx!

I saw 15k were accepted. Does that include Pace, innovation and Santa Fe pathways?

Hi! I’m a prospective student and have a few questions about UF.

Are Presidential Scholarships awarded only to in-state students? Is there a chance that I can appeal for more merit aid? I feel very honored to receive the Sunshine scholarship, but any additional amount would make it more affordable for me.

Also, I’ve applied for housing but haven’t received any information back. I was accepted into the Honors program and would like to live in the Honors village. Is it likely that I will be able to find a spot there?