University of Florida Class of 2027 Official Thread

1 Like

for early action though, seems late.

1 Like

So, I was deferred from another school which requires you to update your SSAR but I am concerned if I update this now it will push my UF application into the space available pool due to the message I posted after this.

Hopefully that uploaded correctly. Any advice would be helpful!

Did anyone that received the welcome to UF email also still show their transcript as “under review”? I am going down the rabbit hole now since my son did not receive the email and his transcript still shows under review. Ugh!!

For some reason the thread will not allow me to upload the image, so here is the text from UF’s SSAR page.

SSAR Deadline by November 15

If you have met the November 1 application deadline, submit the SSAR no later than November 15. If your SSAR is received after November 15, your application will be considered on a space-available basis.

This is why i’m concerned if I update it now it will be changed even though the decisions are next week. Any insight would be appreciated!

Yes, we did:

Don’t worry, they’ve said it’s expected that this will show “under review” since they also use the SSAR.

1 Like

Thank you!! I am trying to hold on until next Friday but it is so hard!

4 Likes

I called admissions and asked that specific question. They don’t look at official transcripts until they accept you and you accept them. They trust the SSAR for review purposes and then only verify it against transcript once they know you will be attending to make sure the SSAR was legit.

1 Like

are honest mistakes in the SSAR harmful? one of my dual enrollment courses was mistakenly input as a standard class, and I noticed it and corrected it when adding my grades for last semester a few days ago. this won’t hurt me at all will it?

downgrading your class won’t hurt you - saying you were in dual enrollment classes when you weren’t is definitely a problem.

We aren’t pulling in SSAR changes so any updates now would not affect UF.

2 Likes

Hey I also received that email but didn’t get the ones sent out earlier. I applied to the honors college and am in-state.

Ha! We’ll I didn’t apply to honor and am out of state! What major did you apply for?

1 Like

I applied for Chemical Engineering! I know people that didn’t get the first two emails but they also didn’t get the one that we got so I’m just really confused.

Well that is strange - we emailed the applicants that UFIT said received the first two emails - perhaps it went into your junk folder.

2 Likes

has the cause of the mistake been identified yet? I’ve been stressing all day that it was somehow a true leak of decisions and I didn’t get in :joy:

1 Like

I know. My DS did get the FSU email and got in so the fact that he didn’t get the UF email only leads me to one conclusion :frowning:

1 Like

We are the same. My son’s top choice and he is just devastated. Trying to tell him that they are saying the email means nothing, but it doesn’t seem realistic. Appears more like it was accidentally sent early.:pensive:

3 Likes

Keep in mind, there are kids that did NOT get the FSU email and still got it! I think the emails released from FSU and UF were only SOME of the early acceptances that went out in error! So fingers crossed everyone :slight_smile: “Only” one more week!

7 Likes

Looks like our kids had the same list! Hahahha

1 Like

Hahaha- OMG identical! Its hysterical :slight_smile:

5 Likes