University of Georgia Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

Awesome acceptances - she’ll have a great experience at any of those she got into. Best of luck to her!!

2 Likes

Accepted OOS after deferral. Whew!
High stats (all A’s, 1500+ SAT, competitive athlete, interesting ECs)
Anyone know if there is an admitted student day?

5 Likes

Any high stat OOS kids not get in? We were disappointed as we thought he had a chance after being deferred. Not meant to be!
3.9 GPA/4.1 weighted
32 ACT
4 year varsity 2 sport athlete
Started charity last summer.
Good luck to all admitted and denied! These kids will find their place.

Same here denied unfortunately even with high stats we knew it was a reach for OOS

1 Like

OOS accepted - deferred from EA. High stats similar to everyone else on this thread but mostly luck at this point, don’t you think? This year has been nuts!

5 Likes

DD OOS Deferred from EA, now denied. Accepted at Auburn, PSU Main Campus, LSU (Honors), ASU (Honors), waitlisted at Clemson. Was in the range of stats UGA posted, but oh well…

1 Like

waitlisted OOS

3 Likes

Still fantastic options - where is she leaning?

OOS daughter was accepted EA in November but looks like no scholarship and would be too much OOS. She was accepted EA to Clemson, USC, Tennessee, Furman and VA Tech. Accepted to Clemson Honors, USC Honors, Tennessee Honors so she has great options. She is just disappointed because she really likes UGA. I know they will release a few more scholarships into April but they did say the majority were released today. She really wants an Honors College so without a scholarship and if she doesn’t get honors at UGA, USC is probably where she is headed.

1 Like

Headed to the top Honors College in the country? Sounds like a win to me!! Congrats to her.

2 Likes

It is, but she just really likes UGA and was hoping the $ would work out. But, as I’ve told her, it’s a great accomplishment that she was accepted EA from OOS given how competitive UGA is! Our oldest went to Clemson and we have always been more of a Clemson family but we were impressed with USC when we visited and the honors college is great so I think she will be happy :slight_smile:

It’s really all up to the kid. Mine chose Charleston over UGA Honors and U of SC Honors.

It’s really what the kid will do with it moreso than where they go.

I’m sure yours will do great!!

2 Likes

High stat OOS Denied after EA deferral. Wow surprised but I guess shouldn’t be. Oh well. Got in everywhere else (UF, FSU, UMiami, Clemson, Purdue, Tennesee, Kentucky, Arizona) and almost almost all tons of merit.

2 Likes

Great options - let us know what you choose. Best of luck.

2 Likes

OOS Deferred in November, accepted RD
ACT 29; UGA GPA 4.18 (4.24 w/ 1st semester Senior grades)

3 Likes

Is Athena down for everyone?

1 Like

OOS- deferred EA, accepted RD
Middle/Low part of stat range
Solid ECs
Applied as a Political Science major

2 Likes

OOS son debating between UGA Honors and UNC (not Honors) for Business. Anyone have any insight that could help?

UGA because you can study business. You are guaranteed admission to your first choice major.

UNC is not direct admit and there is a good chance you won’t get in (but also a chance you will). If you are ok studying something else instead, then choose based on cost and campus comfort (they are both different).

But if you want to 100% study business, then Terry > Keenan Flagler.

4 Likes

OOS deferred early and now waitlisted. 1400 SAT 4.2 weighted GPA. Lots of EC. 9 AP. Did not submit any additional information after deferral so was shocked we didn’t receive a denial. Anyways, withdrawing application now and GO VOLS!

5 Likes