University of Miami EA

so when do they send out decisions. Is it today or next week…

Same question as @dcarvalho; did they says Jan 20th to @Monekyboy961 and end of next week to @majorkey101 ?

Will the decisions be posted on the canelink portal?

@martinc615 I think they will be on Canelink, though I’m not sure where on the portal. The UM admission twitter just posted this: https://twitter.com/UMAdmission/status/689919139754950656

Really hoping they come out by Friday!

Good luck everyone! My portal still says pending

@zoe411 where is the portal?

@zoe411 Under what tab do you see “pending”? When I go to application status all I see is “complete”…

Same

where do you see status on cane link

This may be a dumb question but do schools ever send out decisions on weekends?

I was told that admissions staff, like teachers, only work on school days… which makes sense so usually decisions are out on school days :slight_smile:

I just got notified that I am a finalist for the Stamps / Singer scholarships… does anyone know how competitive these are from this point? (how many kids get the scholarship after being designated as finalists?) thanks!

@jule13 what are your stats if you don’t mind me asking

@jule13 How were you notified? Are you ea?

My friend goes to miami and she knows people who said we will hear back friday

@Jules13 Were you notified by email or snail mail?

I got my email invite to singer stamps last night. So weird so many got it last week and I didn’t receive mine till then.

I am very confused right now. Today I called the financial aid office because there was a problem with my application (note that I applied EA to the business school). The women told me that I needed to send additional information because my dad is self-employed. Before I sent the documents, I wanted to log into Canelink to make just to see if there were any updates (I was planning on sending the documents by email tonight). When I logged in, I immediately noticed that I had a “new communication” in the student center. I went to check it, and it happened to be my financial aid package. Nowhere in the document does it state that I was admitted, however, it does mention that I should go to the financial aid section of Canelink for more information. I don’t have any access to this. My application status is the same, and I still have yet to find out if I got in or not. So I received my financial aid package (all need-based, not merit-based) but not any form of acceptance…just kind of confusing. Thoughts anyone?

@samdedecker someone just made a thread saying they got an acceptance on canelink without an email or anything, so maybe they aren’t very careful about the order in which they post financial aid and the official acceptance message? Not sure but it’s sounds to me like you’re in! Btw I had the same issues with tax forms bc my parents are self employed too, and didn’t get all the forms in until a couple weeks ago. Do you think getting that info in recently as opposed to earlier affected how much aid you got? Or is the package pretty good?