University of Miami EA

I got an email and invite to the scholarship weekend. 4.3 W GPA 34 ACT 10 APs total good recs/extra curriculars

@chloehudson98 personally, I do not think it did. The package is quite generous for my parent’s income. (***Note that my parents are giving me $10,000 a year so EFC is irrelevant to me because it will basically be my contribution)

@jule13
If you dont mind.
What was your UW GPA and the Rank in class. Is 34 ACT from one try or its composite.

From past years Singer seems like ~275 -300 Invites goes out and 75-100 get the Scholarship.
If you dont get singer then they normally Add 2k-3k to your existing Merit Aid.
Stamps is very competitive. ~8-12 gets it and grades are just one of the thing they look at and lot more goes into it.

For those of us still waiting, in a reply to a comment on one of their Instagram posts, admissions said “decisions will be released before the end of the month, stay tuned.”’ So maybe tomorrow or Friday?!:slight_smile:

@chloehudson98 I was on who happened to get the communication center notification that my scholarship agreement was up. it said congrats again on getting into Miami, and it told me I got a 25k presidential scholarship. the letter was dated for 1/29, so everything should come out Friday.

does anyone know what time we’ll hear back tomorrow?

has anyone gotten in yet?

Nope. Probably tomorrow. Yeah does anyone know what time???

I read in another thread that last year’s came about 9pm, but nobody really knows

Got a email from FedEx with a track ID with a letter from UM. Nothing yet on the portal. Probably posted later today!

@JFFP97, that’s what happened to me and I got in through early decision. Most likely a good sign!

Is getting a fedex letter a good sign or do rejections get them too?

i didnt get an email from fedex, should i be worried?

I got an email from FedEx as well and so did two students from my class. We all three have high chances of getting in so I hope it is a good sign.

@RSalvatierra what did the email say

It wasn’t a written email, it was a FedEx Shipment Notification. The shipment contained a FedEx Envelope weighing 0.50 lb and it was shipped from UM’S Undergraduate Admission to my home address with a scheduled delivery on Thu, 2/4/2016 by 6:00 pm. @coryfink

I did not receive this Fedex email everyone is talking about… Getting me nervous.

Me either… Guess I’m not going to college LOL

Me neither

And it’s only been like 2 people guys so don’t stress lol. Maybe the FedEx package of this year is the green dot of last year. (go to EA 2019 board to know what I’m talking about. They went through 156 pages stressing about the meanings of things they saw on cane link and such and it didn’t even matter in the end.)