University of Miami EA

how do you know that you got rejected? what does it say? @caliapplicant

My rejection message reads:
Thank you for your interest in the University of Miami. I regret to inform you we are unable to offer you admission to the University of Miami at this time. One of the most difficult tasks of the Office of Undergraduate Admission is sending a letter like this. We appreciate the work you have done in high school to reach this point, and thank you for sharing your story with us.

If you are still interested in attending the University of Miami, we encourage you to apply as a transfer student upon completion of one year of study (10 courses) at an accredited college or university.

Just got accepted, Congrats to everyone!

Accepted from MA (found out on Financial Aid page of cane link) !

what does undergraduate decision mailed mean??

^^^ What does that mean?

Anyone get accepted to Rosenstiel?

It means deferred.

@umsigmadom I did! Marine Science/Microbiology and Immunology, you?

@mscl516 How do you know that that means deferred? Wouldn’t you receive an email similar to everyone else’s letting you know your decision? Why does ours just say that our decision is mailed?

Should the results be present on the application status page? Mine still just says application complete.

@helicoptermomsUN when you click on that a letter pops up. We have the same thing and this is what is says.

Thank you for applying to the University of Miami as an Early Action candidate. After a thorough review of your application and academic credentials submitted to date, the Admission Committee has decided to defer your application to the Regular Decision pool. Your application and academic credentials will undergo another review by the Admission Committee in the Regular Decision pool of applicants and you will be notified of an admission decision on or before April 15.

The Admission Committee is happy to review new information related to your application, but it should be limited to academic credentials (official transcripts, and test scores, if required).

All of us in the Office of Undergraduate Admission appreciate your sincere interest in the University of Miami.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact our office at admission@miami.edu or 305-284-4323.

Sincerely,

Karen S. Long
Assistant Vice President of
Undergraduate Admission and Marketing

International student from Brazil here. Received the FedEx notification about a package to be delivered on Wednesday. Nothing on the website though.

@FishesNBitches my son was accepted in Marine Biology/Computer Science. We’re from Michigan. Congratulations!

@Monekyboy961 Just to confirm, “a decision has been mailed” means that you’re letter/package has been mailed to you. Click on that link, and a pdf should pop up. It can be an acceptance, rejection, or deferral. Everyone who has that message (which is inside Communications folder) has his/her decision results… it’s not just a deferral. My Application Status still says “is complete” it doesn’t say that I was accepted.

Got accepted
3.95 GPA 1990 SAT
no notification of any scholarship-does that mean I’m not getting any money?

Accepted! Neuroscience major
with 21,000 merit scholarship and other grants
Classes: Full IB Diploma student
Lots of extracurriculars, work, and volunteering
GPA: 4.2
Class rank: 9 / 425
SAT/ACT: 1910/30

Accepted!
English Major with 26k Presidential Scholarship
Classes: Will have completed 8 AP classes upon graduation, 5 of them taken this year
Lots of extracurriculars, multiple leadership positions, work, volunteering
GPA: 4.1
SAT: 2240
I am also a white female and I have no hooks (URM, 1st gen etc)

I don’t think I received any scholarship money; however, UM only has my 1940 sat score. If i send a better sat score which is 2020, will they reevaluate the amount of merit scholarship they are willing to give me?

Got in last night (School of Communication studying General Advertising)