University of Miami Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

A couple things:
Yield is important but not every decision made by the university is based on yield. If that was the case then the university would accept more applicants from ED since its binding but we try to spread out applicants by decision options. Another note, the university provides merit based scholarships with acceptance so that is why those who were notified of premier scholarships were done so before decisions come out in late January. The university is looking to fill a class of roughly 2200 students and with record breaking application numbers this year for every cycle there is a lot of moving and changing components. Best of luck to everyone, and if you have any specific questions I am more than happy to help!

6 Likes

Congrats! Getting an invitation to apply is an amazing accomplishment in and of itself. Invitations for premier scholarships is typically offered to less than 5% of all applicants.

Wow that’s exciting, thanks for that information. It’s her top choice, so I’ll ask her to communicate that to her admissions counselor, per the website information on demonstrated interest.

1 Like

Thanks so much! Quick question. For those that were ED1, is the window for merit award potential still open? Or would it have been in your offer letter at ED acceptance time and only then if you were to get any?
Thanks!! Go Canes!!

1 Like

Merit Award would be included in a separate tab below acceptance letter at time of ED acceptance. The university pledges to always meet 100% demonstrated financial aid need so if you believe this isn’t the case for your individual aid, please contact the financial aid office and they will be more than happy to assist you further.

3 Likes

Do you know the acceptance rate for this years ED1?

Congrats on the invite to that round, but it also made me think “And there it is…they are also testing to waters to protect their yield.”

Tulane and others play similar games.

They meet need, so between merit and financial aid UMiami gets you close to or better than your EFC typically.

4 Likes

I do but unfortunately I cannot disclose that information at this time. What I can tell you is that the university saw nearly a double digit increase in ED applications so naturally the acceptance rate has dipped a little bit from even last year.

Is there a decision day for those who were deferred from ED to RD? Or, a decision date on calendar for RD?

2 Likes

RD will be released final week of March.

Has anyone else received notification that they are a semifinalist for the stamps scholarship? I’m just curious to see how many people receive that, especially given that for EA they would’ve barely begun going through those applications before sending out the notifications.

3 Likes

Not the Stamps but two different Premiere scholarships. I wonder if there is criteria that automatically puts applicants into the running for those scholarships?

Any chance UMiami EA decisions come out before New Year’s?

It’s usually end of January beginning of February. That is also how they officially list it. My son heard end of January 2020 and my daughter heard end of January 2022. So pretty sure the answer is no.

2 Likes

Decisions for EA will be released last week of January!

3 Likes

Hello everyone, it is with a very heavy heart that I wanted to inform you that one of our lead director of admissions just passed away. At this time, the office of admissions ask that you are understanding as we try to get back on our feet as quickly as possible. It is yet to be determined if decision release times will be delayed. Thank you for your understanding. I will still do my best to answer any questions in the meantime.

1 Like

My deepest sympathies to you and the U family.

1 Like

FYI, DS did not receive said email.

Deepest sympathies❤️

1 Like

That is terrible. My condolences.

One question about the premier scholarships. What percentage of finalists receive the scholarship?

1 Like