University of Miami Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

That’s my thinking - but based on nothing more than previous years and the “end of January” that they put out there.

Does UMiami admit by major?

3 Likes

I’ve heard there are a lot of deferrals. We’ve discussed that possibility.

1 Like

For those departments that are by audition - frost, BFA yes. Beyond that major didn’t really matter other than if you put one they do admit into a college - let’s say engineering or arts and sciences. With the cognate system many of the students wind up with a lot of majors. It even states un U Miami FAQ for admissions major doesn’t matter nor does choosing undecided. As an fyi, my husband is on faculty of the med school and though no child has chosen to attend I have seen what their letters looked like - so my son’s said to study psychology at the College of Arts and Sciences and my daughters was reflecting engineering. We know others that are part of Frost or the theatre or film programs too.

1 Like

Why is this thread so quiet? EA’s r soooooon

1 Like

Probably Friday though.

Thanks lol I c u on an other more “today” possible EA CC thread. No changes on this portal yet tho.

3 Likes

Speculation GIT, Miami, Rutgers might release Friday, possibly Northeastern too, so maybe everyone’s attention is diverted.

It is a bit disconcerting how much lower the activity on this thread for Miami verse the high activity on other threads for other schools (Texas A&M, Penn State, Pitt, Northeastern, Villanova)

1 Like

Agreed! cost is similar btw some of these, so idk. I’m tempering expectations with a big picture attitude of -it may b a while to get a clear idea of the plan. Still would love to get some info sooner rather than later. Best of luck to u and all.

2 Likes

I am thinking Friday as well !!!

1 Like

i def think Friday, known as M day. Michigan, Miami and Maryland. Anyone have any idea what time they typically release?

3 Likes

Around 5-6pm both times I have had family members looking. Both times on Friday at the end of January.

1 Like

i just went into the 2022 thread and it looks like a few minutes after 4pm they started releasing. Are you EST?
Also another interesting bit of info is that everyone said the night before if they could change their major they were admitted and those that could not were deferred or rejected. Lots of deferrals.

1 Like

Yes I am eastern. My husband works at UM. He is a professor at the med school.

1 Like

Oh and that portal thing I believe was fixed.

1 Like

aw too bad. would have been fun to check tomorrow night

1 Like

We are anxiously watching/waiting as well for EA. Come on Miami!!! :sunny:

3 Likes

When accessing the financial aid link through the portal, did anyone get a new message regarding their federal financial aid title?

yes i did

1 Like

EA Applications come out tomorrow, Friday the 27th, in the afternoon!

15 Likes