University of Miami ED1 decision dates/times released

Does anyone know when ED1 comes out for UM?

1 Like

Mid-December

any exact dates?

In 2020 and 2021, they announced ED1 decisions on the second Friday in December. If they follow the same schedule this year, ED1 decisions will be available on Friday, December 9th. But there is no guarantee that they will be announced on that specific day. There is a reason they say “mid-December” rather than setting a hard deadline. It gives them some wiggle room to take additional time if necessary based on application volume and other factors outside of their control.

5 Likes

Did anyone else see the email from Umiami saying to ensure access to your portal? They said notifications for ED will be out by the end of the month. People were saying it would come out Friday the 9th. When do people think?

1 Like

I was wondering the same. I got the email as well, Friday makes sense to me. Keeping my fingers crossed!

2 Likes

Heard many rumors about decisions coming out tomorrow (12/9) at 5pm

Last year when you could switch your major the night before it meant you got in, but if you couldnt you either got rejected or deferred. Is that true now? Please lmk if anyone’s portal does not let them change their major anymore now bc i wanna figure out if its still true

(ED APPLICANTS) Last year when you could switch your major the night before it meant you got in, but if you couldnt you either got rejected or deferred. Is that true now? Please lmk if anyone’s portal does not let them change their major anymore now bc i wanna figure out if its still true

ED ONLY

1 Like

I just checked and it seems to be letting me switch the major if I completed the form. However I am not very confident I will get in so I am skeptical about the theory, but curious about others

1 Like

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: University of Miami Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission