UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI FALL 2016 TRANSFER

Also I had recently noticed on my canelink that I forgot to send my college report so I had that mailed in yesterday. on canelink it says my application is “incomplete” because of this outstanding document. It also says it might take 2 weeks to have it updated after its received. The due date for this document is July 1st tho…

do you guys think missing this document is going to slow down my notification? or would they still notify me without the report… worried.

@thepinksun I applied in November.

I called them last week to get an update on the time-frame. They said they would tell us between now and June 15th on a rolling basis, so I think you’ll still be good. You’ll just have to wait a little longer.

Got accepted for Economics! Applied in February.

My Stats:
Current University: Community college in New Jersey
GPA: 3.7 GPA
Major: Economics
EC:'s: Phi Theta Kappa member, held a job through the first two years of undergraduate work.
2 Letters of recommendation

Got into Arts and Sciences! Most should be out by tomorrow probably. Good luck

I got admitted today for economics. I don’t know many kids at UM but have many friends up in Boca Raton. I know a few kids there now that are freshman but Ill be coming in as a junior so Ill be one year ahead of them. I’m a very out going kid and looking for a roommate. First semester I plan to live on campus just to meet people then move off campus in January or fall 2017. I love the night life Ill probably be out every Friday and Saturday night but I do care about my school work. If i didn’t I wouldn’t have gotten into UM. I like smoke here and there so I hope that isn’t as issue but if one of you want a chill roommate that is flexible give me a shout out on here. The hard part is over lets gooo canes!!!

@vinpon where in Jersey I’m coming from brookdale community college

Can those who already got accepted post their stats?

I was accepted.

My stats:
Current school: community college in NJ
GPA: 3.57
Major: pre-law
HS: didn’t need to send HS transcript or SAT (thank god)
I had 2 recommendations, both of which were compelling
My ECs were decent and my essay was strong

Did you guys get emails when you were accepted?

@Heights2124 Hey, I got admitted for Economics too. I’m an Accounting major, but they told me that I should take Calc 1 and get a B in it to get into business school. I’m taking Calc 1 now at my current school and I’m afraid they would obligate taking Calc 1 in their school even if I get a B or better in Calc at my school. By the way, I’ll be looking for a roommate too, but in August this year. I found a building next to UMiami that many students live in. Let me know if you change your plans. If anyone else is looking for a roommate off-campus please, let me know. Congratulations to everyone got accepted. Good luck!

@Heights2124 Union County College. Congrats on getting accepted!

Has anyone heard from Financial Aid yet?

WOW called today in regards to why I haven’t received a decision and they LOST my college transcripts and recommendation letter! Unbelievable. When were they gonna tell me this themselves??

@Strong50 that’s what I meant living on campus starting in August and maybe moving off campus in January or August 2017. Text me 732-425-7517 my name is Andrew.

should I assume I didn’t get in if I haven’t gotten an email or anything on canelink yet? I applied on March 1st.

Received my decision letter online at 6:00 am PST. Accepted for second choice major (need calculus before admission is possible).

@stella1595, I wouldn’t assume the worst. It looks like they are NOT notifying all at one time.

@atp1234 when did you apply

Late January. They didn’t receive my teacher recommendation until a few days ago, though. Is Canelink showing that you are missing anything?

Yea I just sent my college report in a few days ago and I applied near the end of February.

Congratssss btw