University of Miami Waitlist Class of 2024

Hi! I was waitlisted at UM a little over 3 weeks ago. It is my dream school and I really really want to go. Does anyone have any other tips to getting off the waitlist other than writing a letter of continued interest? Also, what are the waitlist statistics? How many students are usually admitted off the waitlist? Any advice or help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

I was just admitted today off of the waitlist. I personally wrote an email as well as a written letter to admissions to express my continued interest. Although I am unsure as to how accurate this information is, there is a website which details waitlist statistics for various institution (U Miami being one of them). Apparently for the 2018-2019 academic year, 30 of around 4,000 students who accepted the waitlist offer were admitted. However, unlike past years, it seems that they are using the waitlist a bit differently this year and pulling kids off in April instead of May to June. I am unsure if this means that more kids have been waitlisted or if they are admitting more this year than in past years. Stay hopeful and be sincere.

@sparknotes1262 did you receive a call?
Did you apply for FA?

Hi! Congrats on getting off the waitlist! What do you mean you write an email and a letter? Like you attached the letter as a pdf to the email? Also did you address it Mr. Crozier or someone else? Sorry for all the questions haha but I appreciate the help :slight_smile:

Hi! I was also admitted off wait list the other day. So for your sake I know they are giving people 7 days to accept or decline their admission offer so don’t worry too much about that. I have sent two emails to my regional admissions woman. It was always an automatic response but I am assuming she read them because it helped a lot considering my lower stats. I got a phone call and I am now waiting to see if I can get a scholarship… doubt it but worth a shot!

Just on Friday she told my dad 250 kids were offered admission. More to come next week when some decline, in my opinion

@Nemore12 I addressed it Dear UMiami Admissions,

@newjerseysenior Hi! Thank you so much for your response! Super helpful. I was wondering if your admissions rep has been replying to your emails? I am also form NJ and she has not responded to my letters of continued interest. Maybe except for one. I tried calling, but she has not picked up.

She did answer them but it was never anything personal. It was always an automatic response type of email

@newjerseysenior congrats! what were your stats?

@livsteez 3.5 GPA and 1260 SAT! Shocked I got in! I wrote my essay about a clothing business I have where I make and sell clothing at real stores in New Jersey and I have been working on the business since freshman year… so that probably helped me stand out

@newjerseysenior If you don’t mind me asking, what major did you declare ? And you said you wrote 2 LOCI’s, how we’re they different?

@newjerseysenior Also we’re you admitted into the fall or spring ? thank you again!

@Nemore12 One was before waitlist one was after waitlist. I am an undeclared businesss major. Admitted and attending fall 2020

@Nemore12 omg that’s amazing! i wish you the best at umiami :slight_smile: how were you able to change you major decision to “undeclared?”

My bad i was supposed to tag @newjerseysenior

has anyone gotten off recently for fall 2020??

@summerfun120 Even if anyone did, I don’t think they will be receiving generous financial aid packages. :’(

I got off the waitlist on the 19th. Received a call from an admissions officer (not my regional officer that I had sent my LOCI to surprisingly!) Dont necessarily lose hope just yet- there are people still joining the class of 2024 facebook group. Keep your fingers crossed, best of luck to everybody still waiting!!

@ccchanceme Congratulations! Wish you the best of luck in your study there.

What about financial aid, have you received any?