University of Miami Waitlist?????

Hey everyone i just got waitlisted for UM and I just have a quick question, if I divide to remain on the waitlist and get admitted am I required to attend?

Whoops I meant decide

You are not.

Hey everyone, I got a call today from an admissions counselor and she asked me if I was still interested in the U. I told her of course and she then told me to talk with my parents and call back tomorrow… She was very vague in her explanations but I am hoping for the best! Would you think this means anything and has anyone else gotten a similar phone call?

Often at this point colleges only want to offer you admission if you would attend.
The reason is that they need to finish their class, and don’t have time for you to wait around.
Also, there is a metric called “yield” which is the ratio students admitted to those that attend. Colleges want to keep that ratio as high as they can so at this point they will only admit you if you will attend…so talk to your parents and be ready to say Yes or No.
You may have other waitlist colleges but you most likely won’t be able to wait for those.

So my guess is that they are feeling out your interest…but you should be able to accept and go or don’t accept and not go at this point. If you are not sure or would rather go to University X then you should not accept.

Does anyone know when we will find out about decision on the waitlist??

I’m also curious! I was waitlisted as an early action applicant and I’m rlly hoping to get off does anyone know what they look for?

The thing is they won’t give any scholarship or financial aid if you get accepted off

Anyone get accepted for fall 2017? I got accepted for spring 2018 and have not seen anything about fall 2017 waitlist acceptance yet…