University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

besides Ross, were any other decisions released today?

1 Like

I don’t think RD applicants should be nervous if they aren’t already hearing from Ross. Ross will not receive applications for review until the applicant is accepted to UM. I think that, similarly, deferred/postponed applicants won’t be reviewed for Ross yet; they need to be accepted first. Given that there will be more Ross notifications in about a month, my guess is that the RD applicants (and the postponed/deferred students who are all now in the RD pool) will probably have a “wave” of decisions in a week or so and Ross will then have a few weeks to review those accepted students before they release their next wave of decisions mid-March.

2 Likes

Yes. On or around 2/1 has been the first RD wave for many years with some exceptions.

Congrats to all of the Ross acceptances! Great accomplishment

6 Likes

Son got into Ross today. So thrilled.
In state , average grades and SAT, but very well rounded and Great Essays.

6 Likes

Just wanna come on here for future ross applicants who will go through this thread. Out of the four people I know who applied to ross, I was the only one accepted so far even though I had the worst stats out of the bunch. They all had 35C+ Act scores with decent ecs (leadership positions here and there). I had a 32C and a 34 SS (Umich doesn’t superscore) but I spent a lot of time on my essays and I had stronger ecs. I truly believe when it comes down to ross, the admissions comittee uses a holistic process which focuses in on these factors. Obviously stats are important (my gpa was solid), but when it comes down to it the other factors will make a huge difference. This is very anecdotal so take it with a grain of salt but I wish you all the best. Also, not sure if this matters, but we were all asian and are OOS lol.

5 Likes

:cow2: grass

Hey guys, hopefully someone sees this soon, but when umich says the LoCI is due BY the 20th, do you think they mean like tonight…

While I do think “by the 20th” probably means by tomorrow night, I wouldn’t risk it. If your son has all or most of it done, I would urge him to submit it by midnight tonight (so in like 25 mins).

I also don’t know why I said your son. Whoops. I think I’ve been reading too much College confidential. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Is there still an option to submit the LOCI tonight, is everyones button still there?

yup its still there, i just submitted it lol.

2 Likes

i am a female student but yes i finished it ! thanks haha xD

1 Like

Has anyone made it in after being deferred from EA yet?

1 Like

Nope, not that I’m aware of. Just Ross admits today.

1 Like

Did any international applicant get accepted into Ross today? Also, historically, has Ross accepted international applicants during the first wave?

My son lived in South Quad last semester and getting to North Campus for engineering was no big deal at all. He rode bus or biked. Now he is closer to North Campus in an off campus apartment, but there are no in person classes. He would love to still be living in South Quad and having to make his way to North Campus given the option :pensive:

My daughter got into Ross today. She wants to go visit her brother (he’s a CoE freshman) to have another look see. I think she’s a little reluctant knowing what her brother has been through this year, and is leaning toward UT BHP, but she was excited today, so we shall see. I know what a fantastic school UMich is. I just hope she and her twin sister can have a more normal year than my son has had.

4 Likes

Hey! would you recommend staying in an off campus apartment after freshman year? does it save a significant amount? do you see any benefits besides the monetary aspects(if it exists)?

Very excited that my daughter got accepted to Ross. Congratulations to everyone who found out on Friday and good luck to those still waiting to hear.

5 Likes