University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

Do you think it could be on Saturday? It would be strange to release during the week-end?

As the other user said, I don’t think it’s a particularly useful endeavor, but I also don’t believe in restricting information based on what I think.

Inspecting elements varies a bit browser-to-browser, but for Firefox and Chrome you can hit the key sequence ctrl-shift-c. If you want to navigate through menus, then it’s normally under web development tools under “inspector” or something to that effect.

1 Like

Yes admissions decisions usually never release on weekends. Unless there’s some issue with decisions/enrollment connect that pushes decisions to next week (and even then the admissions office might just say “we’re releasing on Monday not Saturday”), decisions will always be released on a weekday. As of right now Michigan seems to want to hold on to all the time they have so it looks like it’s gonna be Friday.

So I checked the portal and it says that early action decisions are currently being processed and that results will come no later than the end of January. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

A few universities have released on the weekend. I think Georgetown was one of them, but don’t quote me on that. I know parents posted their kid’s weekend decisions on the parent thread.

But going back a decade plus or minus, Michigan has always posted their decisions M-F.

I think Strog is right and seems trustworthy. It’s Friday 1/29 around 3:00 PM EST.

Michigan doesn’t release on weekends. Admissions office told me that cause they don’t work weekends

Yea Georgetown is one of em, but I believe they have a definite date instead of a time line. They have their own application anyways so I guess they’re special :joy:.

And that’s what I said. :wink:

2 Likes

While you are all speculating the decision date/time, I wanted to ask an open-ended question just to get some perspectives. As an immigrant parent, I am trying to make sense out of the holistic process (I am used to taking exams in the area of interest (such as Medicine/Engineering) and getting ranked; such system has its own disadvantages as the results aren’t quite replicable across multiple administrations either).

Looks like admission applicants are being clustered into prioritized groups by the review committees. If there were to be a weighted average score to be used for such decision making, what is the generally practiced weightage by attribute (such as GPA, test scores, recos, ECs, strength of curriculum etc)? I know it varies by institution, but if you were to take T20-30 schools, what would it look like?

28.7% legacy and ability to donate
71.3% darts

Kidding!

I think once you’ve shown through scores, academic rigor and grades, that you can cut it academically, they’re really trying to find fit (including if you bring something they need to the class). Hope that helps

2 Likes

My son applied to Stamps Art and Design and just got a packet with Sharpies in it???

3 Likes

I’m so sorry but that made me laugh that they sent sharpies

1 Like

I know right???

better than crayons

1 Like

With over 40K applications at many of these schools, it is somewhat of a crapshoot. Good luck trying to make sense out of the highly subjective process.

What are the chances of getting accepted in GTech
for a student who has been deferred?

I really wish I knew this so I could help out my brother. It is surprising, both of us had practically the same stats, and similar ECs and I got in for CS, whereas he got deferred. Wonder how that works.

Your legacy related response made me chuckle. There probably would be at least 10 times the size of the class who can easily meet the former criteria (scores + academic rigor). “Fit”, whatever it means, seems like the holy grail. Thx.

I’ve been following the conversation as my best friend’s daughter is awaiting a decision. I was in this spot last year as a parent and I just wanted to offer some counsel on the U Michigan EA process. My son applied in December of 2019 and was repeatedly deferred along with a number of other qualified classmates. He was a big fan of Michigan and was very disappointed in the process. Soon thereafter, he was fortunate to receive a number of wonderful acceptances including from the Ivy League and Stanford, where he matriculated. Michigan finally let him in, and into Ross 24 hours later, at the very end of RD notification. This seems to be U Michigan’s form of yield protection. I just don’t want families to get down if you receive an unexpected deferral. Things will work out!

7 Likes

Is legacy an important factor at Michigan?