University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

Where. The location i mentioned above. Application status one of wolverine access?

sorry for starting the inspect element thing could be nothing, just wanted to let you all know!

2 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/ApplyingToCollege/comments/flb31b/why_inspect_element_cant_reveal_your_college/

Sorry to burst everyone’s bubble, but inspecting element doesn’t really do much

4 Likes

I am not a web programmer, but I know enough about programming to know likely everyone has the same source page.

It would be HIGHLY inefficient to have different pages for each individual student. More than likely there is a database with variables that tells the code what to show when certain values are true or false. Those values would not be in the actual code, but rather variables that are brought in. On the admissions end there is probably a way to key accept vs defer vs deny vs whatever and those are saved and brought in elsewhere. They aren’t going to design three+ different webpages for each person they’ll design one that shows or doesn’t how what it needs to show at certain time periods. It would be too difficult to release them all at once if each type of page had it’s own source for each student.

2 Likes

It’s kind of a fascinating process in terms of dynamic rendering.

If anybody is interested in server development, then they should totally read about templates. For example, here’s some Thymeleaf documentation which works with the Spring framework Thymeleaf Page Layouts - Thymeleaf . Kind of a fun learners project in Java, but making servers publicly accessible is always kind of a pain

1 Like

I’ll tell ya what. I admire all the sleuthing going on here. I assume that’s how someone found the flaw last year with the final transcript x.

Heck most of time I have trouble just logging into stuff. :laughing:

6 Likes

Does anyone know what time and date the decisions come out? Have they said anything??

No they haven’t said anything besides decisions come out by the end of the month. The time is fairly certainly 3:00 pm EST I believe.

likely between wednesday-friday from 3-4pm and on lol no one really knows exacts

They haven’t said anything yet. Most guess Wed-Fri at 3 this week. Some claim to “know” from inside information it is Friday. Who knows!

3PM eastern time?

yeah

You don’t really need to know. On one of those days your phone /computer is going to blow up with tons of emails /notifications. Yes, then you’ll know… Lol… :wink:… Good Luck.

1 Like

It is almost certainly coming in the next 4 days. So just check the portal starting 2:45 and ending around 3:30 each day. Or just look here. As soon as they are out you will know. Literally the same minute (or maybe a minute or two delay).

3 Likes

Best advice. No need for more speculations as things are only giving more anxiety. We waited for so long, let it be 2 or 3 days more.

3 Likes

Not looking good for today folks!

Yea I mean I don’t think anyone expected today. I thought it would probably be tomorrow if anything.

Yup. My point was there are really only 4 days left, so if you want start checking today.

1 Like

a mom here…how do you “inspect element”?

It’s really not worth it

1 Like