University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

Yes, this. I asked our web team and they said you’d never be able to find this information just looking at the HTML code.

4 Likes

Not to sound dumb, but whats wolverine access for?

1 Like

it’s for misc umich related things, paying bills, a link to canvas, a link to your email, etc.

3 Likes

I’m just curious because of what @Mom2SandG said about the projected acceptance rate for this EA year but since the number of applications went up and colleges are still giving the same number of acceptances would it be harder to get in this year compared to last year? If I was qualified to be accepted to Umich, would it be easier this year, last year, or stay the same? I guess another way to put it is, are there more academically qualified students that applied or did more not qualified students apply in hopes of an easier admission process? Also I submitted a SAT of 1480 and an ACT of 33, would this help me have an edge over people who did not submit test scores but have a minimally higher GPA? For example lets take Applicant A and B. Applicant A: 3.9 UW GPA, 1480 SAT and 33 ACT(me lmao), Applicant B: 4.0 GPA, no test scores, the rest is all the same with EC’s and Essays and both in-state. Also, does submitting an ACT and SAT give an advantage compared to just submitting one or the other? Wouldn’t it show that one took the time to prepare for both?

There is no question that students are applying to colleges they would of never thought of applying to due to no test score etc being needed. But… Having rigorous courses and getting great grades with a really good essay never goes out of style. Michigan isn’t going to lower their grading scales to get those students in. Any name brand in demand schools have an edge. Michigan could easily fill up their entire year’s class with their rejected /deferred students easily…

Other then that it’s just guessing.

3 Likes

The issue, Bungeecord (love the name), is that no one knows how many more apps UMich has received this year versus last year. And we don’t know what the quality of those apps are as they relate to last year, as someone mentioned upstream.

The # of 55,000 EA apps has been floated, and no one really knows the # for sure, but an almost 40% increase (normally 40,000 EA apps) in EA apps would be humongous. However, it’s entirely possible that the # of RD apps may decrease by same amount and it becomes a “zero sum game.”

Meaning the total EA and RD apps, 65,000 last year, remains the same as this year. We just don’t know.

2 Likes

There was a 16% increase in EA apps this year.

3 Likes

Thanks Strog that makes much more sense to me. Apps to the UC system are up 15% here in CA.

BTW, were you @SingingBusDriver in a former life here on CC? :grinning:

3 Likes

Strog, just wondering if your friend in admissions knows you’re spilling the beans in CC? :laughing:

5 Likes

Just curious, Michigan Ross sent out an email about BBA notification dates and a BBA Behind The Secenes to everyone who applied, right? I just got that email, similar to all the other “What’s Going On At Ross” emails

1 Like

We should be very thankful for the information, from Strog, which appears reliable.

Class of 2024 40,000 apps (“nearly 40,000”)
Class of 2025 46,000 apps (rounding down)

Thus, if UMich accepts about 1/2 their class in EA, or about 8,000 +/- acceptances, then the EA acceptance rate should be around 17-18% ish.

2 Likes

Yeah, I got the same email. I’m assuming it’s because we applied. Not sure though.

2 Likes

IN CASE ANYONE NEEDS IT: Feb 19, Mar 19, April 16 are the Ross BBA release dates; found on the admissions blog

3 Likes

Could I have any assistance in trying to get my decision early by the coding. It is fine if it does not work.

same

It won’t work, it’s not how good websites function. I’d take a nap or do homework or literally anything else to kill time before admissions are doled out

1 Like

when are decisions doled out?

sometime between now and the end of January. Some people seem convinced that it’ll be Friday

2 Likes