University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

If someone get deferred, will they not hear until April or is there any chance it could come out in waves before then?

1 Like

Guess I’ll be taking a long nap then.

2 Likes

Sounds like a plan, no point in worrying about something that’s out of your hands

You’ll hear by April (See suhiritto’s answer, maybe waves I guess)

Applicants who remain interested in the University of Michigan may do one of the following:

1. Stand by and receive a decision by early April
  2. Submit the Expression of Continued Interest form. Please log into Enrollment Connect, navigate to the action items section, and click on Verify Continued Interest to fill out the Expression of Continued Interest (ECI) form or submit recent high school grade updates (contact your high school to have them send a Mid-Year Report showing any recent grades that are available before mid-February.)
  3. Submit both the Expression of Continued Interest form and recent grade updates
1 Like

In the past, RD releases, which includes deferred EA applicants, were released in waves on or about 2/1, 3/1 and 4/1. Last year, the RD releases appeared to follow the Ross BBA dates, which were around those 2/1, 3/1 and 4/1 dates.

So, if it were me, then I’d look to the posted Ross BBA dates for guidance on RD releases this year.

But there’s no certainty to that.

1 Like

46K makes more sense than the 55K I had read elsewhere. Hopefully the CC folks are the 1 out of 6 that get good news on Friday.

Ross BBA dates as posted above:

[quote]"Below are the following days in 2021 when we plan to share admission decisions. Decisions will arrive by email after 5:00 p.m. EST/EDT on the following Fridays:

Feb. 19, 2021

Mar. 19, 2021

April 16, 2021"
[/quote]

Considering UMich’s EA release has been delayed, these dates for RD releases are reasonable to me to expect an RD release as well, IF there’s any predictive factor with past history.

BTW, while Ross BBA releases take place on or about Friday at 5:00 PM EST, the RD waves were released around 12:01 AM EST on Fridays. But again, this year could be different.

2 Likes

I think CC sample-wise skews higher-end applicant, these applicants are smart, so I believe the % of acceptance here on CC will be higher, if past is prologue.

It’s also possible that people are more likely to lie on a pseudo-anonymous forum. It’s easy to say that you got a 1600 on the sat and have a 5.0 gpa, it’s harder to actually get those things

Honestly, it’s probably a bit of both

3 Likes

True.

But I’ve tabulated the EA results from prior years (not last year, when the pandemic hit), and the range of values essentially mirrors that of the GPA/SAT 25/75 on the published CDS. So, if people did fudge their numbers, then I don’t think it was much.

The overall GPA is 3.9 and the 25/75 for SAT is 1,380-1,540 or thereabouts.

FWIW, there’s a link to a Reddit poll on the UCLA forum here on CC and the results of that poll seem reasonable to me. But I’m sure there are a few invalid answers. My D21 applied to UCLA.

Somewhere here there is a fascinating discussion about experimental design, but I’m not a statistician nor am I currently taking stats.

I suppose, as is usually the case with things on the internet, this forum features quality selection bias, and there exists the potential for people to say things that are not reflective of the truth

Again, I don’t disagree with you. :+1:

1 Like

It may also be helpful to look at in-state versus OOS. In a 2018 article in the Michigan Record, it stated that of the total applications received (EA and RD), 12,521 were in-state, of which 5,141 were accepted, and 44,014 were OOS, of which 10,327 were accepted. So, this may change the odds in the EA depending on how they breakdown acceptances for in-state and OOS. For example, if they give around 50% of the EA acceptances to in-state, that leaves a large portion of OOS getting deferred or rejected. I am hopeful that maybe given the late date for giving the decisions, they will decide on more in EA.

Yea i got it as well

First off good luck to all
My daughter was accepted EA (class of 2023) and it was an exciting day and BTW deferred at a lower ranking school the same day…sometimes its about yield.
just Know that where you land make the best of it. UMich is a tough school and youll need to work once youre there. youll be amongst some top students.

Most of you will get deferred so dont sweat it.
If so,
Demonstrate interest and show that you are a leader in your school and community.

2 Likes

Well UNC at Chapel Hill released their decisions today, just before 4pm, and ahead of their 1/29 date…so I guess with Michigan, anything is possible!!!

Yea it seems at this point it’s gonna be Friday. I wouldn’t mind them releasing decisions tomorrow though.

2 Likes

i have a radio show until 4 pm tomorrow (st louis time) and wouldn’t be able to check until i got home so i hope its Friday haha because i would literally lose my mind

I can assure you it’s going to be Friday.

When results start to come in, feel free to participate in this poll.

Good luck everyone!

5 Likes