University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

that’s true! i also kind of want to get chanced by you guys to see what you guys think but i feel like 1) its embarrassing to ask and 2) idk how accurate itll be

lol i dont really like the concept of judging another applicant. Just hold on tight and we will get our decision soon :))

2 Likes

no pressure to post as always

same here! best of luck to you guys - i hope to see you guys in aa next sem

1 Like

^ that is such a great question like umich feels like a local place but i think oos sees it like we do berkeley too

3 Likes

for real, like I feel so blessed to have a great school right in our backyard. I dont know how people afford the huge OOS cost.

4 Likes

^^^ this statement is so fax

1 Like

Yeah, OOS is definitely ridiculously pricey. I think if I were to spend upwards of $50k a year for Michigan, I may consider somewhere else…
MSU sent out financial aid packages the other day and I ended up with entirely loans

1 Like

Honestly I’m still grappling with the idea of having to pay that huge cost but UMich just seems almost worth it to me as an aerospace engineering major. I have a couple tuition-saving plans but so far I’m still figuring it out.

Rejected too but its all good :slight_smile: everything will be fine

Good Morning. So today is the day. :grin:.

So this weekend ends EA for Michigan. Good Luck to everyone. But after this weekend starts RD(Regular Decision). Your just in that pool. Many, many get accepted in that round also. As you know it seems like that is the normal thing that happens…

@sushiritto will ask if you can please let us know if you were accepted or not. What your unweighted GPA and if you took the Act/Sat and results. Major applying to. Would be interesting to know what state. This is used for stats for future groups.

Please everyone understand that the schools are building their classes. Don’t take it personally. It’s about what they need for this year.

Good luck and support each other.

16 Likes

Hi everyone. Is it confirmed that today is the day, or just a guess due to it being the last Fri. of the month? Good luck to everyone :slight_smile:

for me, mich has been my dream school since freshman year when i really didn’t know that much about tuition haha. i just think the chances of me getting in are so low that i’m just going to take the chance of applying. plus, i hate the idea that where you go to college is limited by what you can afford even though that is what i’ll end up doing. i’m just trying to ignore the money part right now!

2 Likes

i mention tswizz in the first umich essay LOL

1 Like

Has anyone confirmed calling admission office?

they aren’t going to say an exact date

1 Like

I feel like the routine of providing info on whether you were admitted and you GPA and SAT/ACT score is a poor idea. It just causes people to wonder why they were not admitted when they had higher statistics than someone who was (that info is provided in the schools page anyway). If it was all about the grades and scores a computer could have kicked out decisions months ago. Everyone relax, and see what happens. There are limited number of spaces and they are practicing the art of putting together a class. Decisions are not always focused on an applicants ability to handle the school, etc.

14 Likes

So I want to answer the OOS tuition costs. So people will get accepted that can’t afford going out of state. This decision and discussion should of already happened like months ago. Hopefully you /your family looked at the npc and such to see if you can afford it.

There is a myth that Michigan doesn’t give financial aid to OOS students. This is not true at all. Many families get $20-35,000/year. I am sure more and less also. Just work with financial aid and they will help you out as much as they can. Especially during covid if your family earnings were affected then prove that. Nice thing about Michigan… They have the money and will help as much as possible.

For instate students, this is one of the best educational deals in the country. Plus if you qualify they have https://goblueguarantee.umich.edu/

Hope that helps.

4 Likes

Thank you!

any idea of what time?