University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

It has to be if they don’t work weekends and it has to be before January 31st

1 Like

Guys how big are UMich classes?

is it possible that its like an automatic thing and they could release it on a wknd even if they arent open? or do you think they actually need to be able to respond to calls and stuff?

I’ve there are classes over 1000 students

Is there enough resource for everyone?

Someone called the admissions yesterday and they said they were releasing decisions today

5 Likes

Rly? Also hi again

hahaha Hi again. I guess we applied to the same schools

1 Like

I hope so :crossed_fingers:t2:

I think the largest lecture hall on campus only seats 470ish people (I don’t remember the exact number), it’s in the chemistry building

1 Like

yep. This is what they said yeaterday

What your all saying is true but if you look at the CDS for Michigan, which is what they use to determine, it is rigor and grades and stats then everything else after. You are compared to your school /district not each other here. This is why someone with lower stats gets in with someone with higher stats doesn’t. If someone’s school avf GPA is 2.8 and they have a 3.6. They could be at the top for their school etc etc
Then you want to be within the 25%-75 % for Michigan . Also yes the ec and essay help shape your application so grades and stats alone don’t do it. Michigan is a hard get for anyone. Good Luck

4 Likes

This sounds correct. D18 is an LSA STEM major and her largest class in 2.5 years has not been more than 300.

UMich has a student-teacher ratio of 15:1. Most of the UC’s here in CA are roughly 20:1.

I’ve definitely found this to be the case, not all GPAs are created equal and each district has its own way of calculation, etc. Comparing isn’t helpful in general.

4 Likes

How big are CS classes at UMich?

My son’s first year classes except for chemistry were not that big. His Calc 2 class had like 50 people or so. It started out much larger though…

Many sophomore and higher classes can be like 30 - 50 students… It’s not as large classes as people think since their are so many different sections.

Good luck to everyone today! All of these applicants are amazing people and this decision in no way reflects on who they are. Applicants should be proud of themselves for all they have accomplished and parents should be proud of them. This is a grueling process and so much of it isn’t personal, as much as it may feel that it is.

6 Likes

I wonder if it’s worth it to study in UMich with so high cost as an international student

1 Like

hallelujah i cant take anymore waiting lmao

No classes that large unless you count going to see the football team. Then it’s like 112,000​:football::joy:.

Also there are plenty of resources. Michigan is a top research facility. When they say state of the art they mean it. Like every company wants to work with Michigan. You do get your money’s worth as long as you join clubs /groups and get involved. If you want to do something just ask. They will help make it happen. But you have to initiate it first.

2 Likes