University of Michigan EA Class of 2025

No school is worth it if you can’t cleanly afford it. If you have to take out loans for everything, then most schools are not, especially during these times. Nice thing is Michigan has international brand appeal. No matter where you go they know Michigan. My son did an international internship for engineering. 2 weeks later they hired a Michigan Grad… He wore his Michigan shirt to work on their laid back days. Many came up to him and had friends from Michigan.

My schools GPA is on a 6 point scale so I’ve stopped trying a while ago :joy:

1 Like

What time would they come out today if they were to release?

people are saying 3pm

2:50-3:30

2 Likes

do the acceptance rates differ by major? i applied LSA economics/political science and im not sure if this affects anything

if you applying lsa it won’t make a diff what major you choose. only factor that matters is CoE or LSA or like any other school

1 Like

I applied political science too. I think it’s just the school not the major

2 Likes

Well said! Thank you! It’s not helpful. People can look at the stats and CDS for that kind of info.

My daughter is PoliSci/Econ but she said she noticed on portal it shows Freshman/Undeclared. I know that students do not declare major until Sophmore year, just wondering if other Freshman Applicants to LSA show Undeclared also??

Yea it shows the same for me.

1 Like

I’m not sure since I can’t get into the portal right now. If she applied through the Common App she can go back into her account and press “review responses” for Michigan. She could then check in the pdf, and I know that it for sure shows the exact major applied to there!

1 Like

Yeah mine says Freshman/Transfer 2021 FA’21: LSA Undeclared

1 Like

just cuz of time zone I wanna confirm is decisions coming out in like 4-5 hrs or the day after?

yes about 4.5 hours from now. Michigan is Eastern time.

1 Like

good luck today everyone!! just remember, a college doesn’t define you :grin:

5 Likes

Exactly. How you treat people on College Confidential is what truly defines you!

8 Likes

Ok, this is my first post I’m not sure if I’m doing it right… If Michigan releases decisions periodically, do you think they would release in-state first? Would there be a certain order of release or just random? Thanks

If they do release in waves then yes in state would go first.

2 Likes

Though some people claim to have heard from admissions that they start coming out today and could continue over weekend, this would be unusual. Michigan usually comes out all at same time.

But this is a strange year, so the answer to your question is no one really knows. But it would be unusual for Michigan to release them as you are describing.

And I haven’t heard any reason to claim that we know they would release IS vs OS first. I really think this would be 100 percent speculation on people’s part.

4 Likes