University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

Is the admitted students day only for that school?

My D22 is off of school that day, so we registered for the Nov. admitted students day. She is Dietrich. I believe it’s for any admitted students. I thought it would be good to go to this type of an event now instead of waiting for the spring because there may be other admitted students events to attend for schools that she applied RD or EA for and she can at least have gone to Pitt’s and been thorough about it.

4 Likes

Where did she find out about it?

She got an email yesterday

1 Like

No, my understanding is it is for all admitted students! There was mention of several more opportunities in the spring as well.

2 Likes

Thanks! I have no idea where this stuff is. Don’t they want my probably full pay, out of state kid? :rofl:

1 Like

The admitted students received email.

To put minds at ease about Pitt acceptances… I found this information pretty surprising in their current tour packet. A lot of admitted students but only 5000+ matriculated in 2021. And this was one of the larger classes that enrolled.

2021 profile
Applications; 34,407
Admitted: 23,074
First year class: 5,195
Dietrich-3,620
Swanson-703
Business-424
Computing-262
Nursing-186

1 Like

My daughter did not. Nothing at all since getting the letter October 6th.

You can try this link
https://admissions.pitt.edu/admitted-student-day/

3 Likes

It is not mandatory to live in Sutherland . If you want to live in Sutherland , student needs to write few short answers to get selected to Honors LLC and if selected - can live in Sutherland.
Pro - nice dorm
Con - long walk to lower campus to attend classes

1 Like

Hi all, my senior submitted the common app and SRAC (or whatever the transcript alternative is called?) Tuesday morning. SAT scores were sent last week. DC has heard nothing from Pitt, not a peep. What is the usual time frame for initial contact? The Common App says the application was submitted successfully. Applying to Swanson for engineering. Thanks!

@willwin , are you saying that you can be accepted to the Honors College, but if you want to live in Sutherland, you write more essays to be in the Honors LLC? They are 2 separate things? And you can be in Honors College but NOT be in the Honors LLC? Things have really changed if I’m understanding correctly!

Question about the accept/decline buttons on the psmobile. My daughter applied to the nursing school - bit of a reach- and they sent her a letter saying they want mid year grades. But logging in last night to check to see if LORs had been recieved the accept/decline buttons were there. When she clicks on it it says “You do not have any pending applications at this time.” Anyone have this happen or know what any of this means? Thanks!

It means it’s still in review. It’s weirdly worded I know! Once a decision is there, the accept/decline buttons appear in the main screen portion, not the sidebar.

1 Like

My daughter got the scholarship letter today. It’s $5,000 per year for 4 years, better than nothing :grinning:

5 Likes

@Winky1 @Willwin
S19 is a current Honors student at Pitt. You do not have to live in Honors housing. S19 chose to live in another LLC and, yes, he had to write essays that are specific to the LLC. All LLC’s vet their residents and there are long wait lists for certain LLC’s. I also believe the Honors housing is not in Sutherland anymore but you would have to check for your kids entering semester. The vetting process seems to work out as my S19 and his three roommates are all very similar in every way. He is very happy in his LLC.

4 Likes

Yes. Getting selected to honors college is different from getting selected to Honors LLC. Non Honors students also can answer those ( 4 questions I think) and get selected for Honors LLC . There are different types of LLC’s and Sutherland is for Honors LLC. Information will be posted on housing section of Pitt website.
Funfact - Free toilet paper is provided only to Sutherland dorm students and no I am not kidding :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Once the buttons appear why does it take a few days for the actual letter to show up in the document center?

Ok, my senior just received the emails acknowledging receipt of application and a 2nd email from the tech side so looks like it takes 48+ hours.

1 Like