University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

@neurodanko - Great stats! What major at Pitt?

School of Medicine’s Guaranteed Admissions Program

Hi
Congratulations on the acceptance and scholarship. Mine DD has stats almost identical to his, we are hoping she gets offered some merit.
I was wondering if you mean he is pre med?
GAP is not a major. My daughter was accepted pre med but she will have to pick a particular major, pre med isn’t a major either . Has he heard anything from GAP? We were told decisions come out 12/18.

2 Likes

@neurodanko Thanks! Since GAP is not a major, did you mean neuroscience, going by your handle :slight_smile: ?

Same. PreMedicine

1 Like

We received the admission decision on 17th Nov.
No news on Honors yet. No scholarship letter or information yet.
And going by the previous posts, I think GAP medicine supplemental app decisions come out sometime mid december !!
Communications from Pitt - emails and portal updates seem to be many days apart! we make sure to check the portal atleast once in two days.

3 Likes

Daughter applied to Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences
Applied on : Oct 10
Pitt ID letter on: Oct 12
Admit letter: Nov 03
Merit letter: Nov 25
We are OOS and good stats. 4.5 weighted GPA, ACT 35, good APs and ECs.
Not eligible for need based aid but we filed FAFSA anyway, based on some reading.

She got $10K per year. We were expecting more but looks better than some other folks in this forum. There is also a conversation around impact on filing FAFSA on merit. Wondering if we should have waited or not filed FAFSA at all for better merit aid. Any thoughts?

Any thoughts on Honors admit? Does that come with its own merit?

4 Likes

Congratulations @SamKumar , kids who make honors are considered for the Chancellor’s Scholarship. Only 50 honors students get the interview. It’s a full ride. But I don’t think there is a set scholarship just for making Honors.

I think definitely honors admit with those stats. Also, there is always a possibility of Chancellors scholarship. You won’t know if there is an invite to compete for a couple of months.

My d has the exact same stats and also received 10k per year, OOS. Hoping for honors.

Daughter applied to Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences
Not eligible for need based aid but we filed FAFSA anyway, based on some reading. Daughter applied to Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences
Not eligible for need based aid but we filed FAFSA anyway, based on some reading.

My son had similar stats:

Applied 10/29
Accepted: 11/4 Dietrich School with intent to do GMP
GPA: 4.5
AP: 10 will junior year (all 5 and 4); 5 more in the senior year
SAT: 1550
Merit: No communication.
Not eligible for need based
Strong EC and hope good recommendation letters.
Instate.

Hope he receives some merit scholarship. Still no news on that front.

1 Like

Are you sure he applied on 10/29? If so, that’s a quick response! When did he finish the SRAR if you don’t mind me asking?

Sorry for the confusion 10/29 was the SRAR completion date. Application date was 10/20.

Applied: 10/21
Admitted: 11/10
Merit Letter: 11/23 Received 10k/year

2 Likes

Anyone attending the accepted students visit day on Monday? I’ll be there with my D22. We are both looking forward to it

When is it?

Mon, Nov. 29

1 Like

Congratulations! If you don’t mind how much merit did she receive. Thank you.

She did not, it just came with the regular acceptance.