University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

Yes. My son received an email saying that there was a new document in the document portal

2 Likes

Did you apply for Stamps and Nordenberg or Chancellors? My D22 applied to Stamps and Nordenberg. She was accepted mid Sept. Around mid October she was invited to interview for them. She had her interview on Nov. 1. She was told she’ll find out in mid January if she was invited back to 2nd round. Good luck!

Nothing for my son on those two scholarships

Not to be a downer, but my 2020 was similar, including law guarantee, and had several national awards for service. She got no merit.

My 2022, with lower stats, not applying to honors, and lacking that national awards did receive merit.

We are in state.

I am not sure what their calculation is, but it doesn’t always seem logical.

2 Likes

A little more info for anyone waiting about Stamps and Nordenberg. My D was told at her interview that of 800 applicants 90 were/are chosen for the 1st zoom interview. From there, 30 get invited back for the 2nd round. From there, 5 will get Nordenberg and 5 will get Stamps. High stakes and high competition for 2 big awards. Stamps is free ride, Nordenberg is full tuition + a study abroad stipend. Not bad!!

This will truly shape what direction my D takes as far as any other acceptances that may come in.

4 Likes

Sorry, I mistyped. I meant Stamps and Nordenberg.

I was accepted in early September. Received a scholarship in early October. So, if it took about a month for your daughter to hear back, I should be hearing back soon or around January. Possibly longer. I just wasn’t sure how long it was taking.

Incidentally, my D has not received any merit as of now. I was wondering if they are waiting to figure out if she will be going forward with 2nd round or not before offering her merit. ??

When did you apply to Stamps and Nordenberg? After your acceptance?

My stats are a little different than those that were admitted, so that’s definitely true. Maybe there’s other factors in it as well? Like essays can really help an applicant with “weaker” stats.

Yes, but my girl has a 32 which is a fine score, but it’s not a tippy top score. I do know that Stamps and Nordenberg consider things other than scores.

I kept checking on my.pitt.edu. There’s nothing in the document portal yet, and no email has been sent yet either.

I applied after my acceptance. As I said, I just applied for the scholarship around November 15th, but I applied in early September. They may be holding off because she is considered for Stamps. They do keep looking at merit till March, so if she’s considered for this scholarship, then I’d say she has a pretty good chance of getting merit. I don’t see why she wouldn’t. Congrats to her by the way!

1 Like

Yea, I was applying to that other user because they said their child didn’t receive anything even with good stats. For instance, I applied test optional with a 4.3W/3.8UW gpa and still got merit for undergrad and law. So I just say it depends on a lot. Like it’s not as black and white as some think it is.

1 Like

Yes, we don’t know what they look for specifically, but we can estimate things that are big picture. My D also got the GAP Law! Very nice. What I like about the GAP Law is it is NOT a 3+3 program. We were looking for those accelerated programs initially, but then realized that undergrad needs to be done in 3 years, and who knows if you want to still go to that particular law school – you may be interested in a specialty area of the law and want to apply to a different law school. But with the Pitt GAP it is a 4 year undergrad and 3 year law program, no acceleration. We like that in our family.

Hi all, I emailed Pitt this morning. Apparently, PSMobile is NOT used by the office, and that is why to many people, it says no application pending." I thought this would be helpful to anyone who is having trouble with the Pitt Mobile portal. The website admissions told me to use is Pitt Passport

You can use both. We have found on this thread that those who use PSMobile find out from the Accept/Decline buttons appearing quite a bit earlier about acceptances than when waiting for the Pitt Passport to update. The PSMobile is linked in somehow.

Ya, we can. But if you have somebody with strong stats, who lacks the proper essay or quality extracurriculars, then that can be one reason they pick the “weaker” applicant who does have those things. That’s all I was saying. But thanks. I didn’t know your daughter got into the accelerated law program too, that’s great! I have no clue how many applicants or how hard it is to get into the accelerated program, but I doubt it’s an easy task

1 Like

It’s not accelerated, just Guaranteed:)

hi there - congrats on merit! You are in-state, correct? Would you mind sharing what merit $$ you got? Thanks!

1 Like

There was an actual email directing you to the doc center with a letter. The letter was dates 2 days prior (to the email).