University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

I personally am glad Pitt isn’t considering test scores for Honors. I’m sure gpa is considered, but it was made very clear that the essay would be extremely important.
I think as time goes on, test scores are going to become less and less important.

1 Like

Might’ve already asked this but is the document center where we find the decision?

1 Like

My son’s buttons appeared on Friday, but we still have no letter in the document center. Our initial ID letter is still there though.

2 Likes

Where do you access the document center?

The link to the document center is in the email your child received when your application was submitted.

Pitt Med GAP just sent out emails

1 Like

Has anyone received email? Nothing on my son’s end

1 Like

My daughter got the email!

1 Like

My son got today the email and the letter in DocCenter to apply to School of Medicine’s GAP.

1 Like

My girl also got the email to apply as well as a letter in the document center.

me as well

will it come out in batches?

I haven’t received anything either…unfortunate :frowning: I think they send theirs out all at once so this might be the only people that move on

1 Like

perhaps! we’ll see

UPitt website says only those who are invited to move forward with the application process will be notified by December 15.

Congrats to those who are moving on. It’s certainly a competitive program, so if you didn’t move on, you’re still a rock star student! Had to be to even try for this! My D18 got 1 of 5 spots for the PA GAP in 2018, and I know the Med Gap is even more competitive. Stay positive

1 Like

I see all this GAP stuff but for us non GAP folks, anyone know when the non GAP ED decisions are sent or are they just rolling along. Was hoping the email would come before Christmas.

Pitt doesn’t have ED or EA, just rolling admissions. Takes 6-8 weeks to hear back after application is complete. When did you apply? Good luck to you

1 Like

We’re still waiting to hear. Applied 10/27. Called Pitt admissions on Friday and they said it was running more like 8-10 weeks for decisions. Does anyone know if they send decline emails?

What do you mean my requested to move on?