University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

Anyone gotten anything from business?

I think she applied at the end of October. Thanks! I prolly should have looked for the answer on the admissions site! HA!

1 Like

I think “moving on” is for the GAP applicants. My DD didn’t do that so I don’t know much about it all.

1 Like

Are you talking about GAP or just regular admissions? My son, I think, was accepted to business but still waiting for letter to appear in portal. Not sure about GAP. Accept/decline buttons are there…

Just regular admissions

Several on here have heard. Son applied 10/30 and unofficially found out yesterday. At least 6 weeks but can be up to 10 from what others are saying.

1 Like

My son applied to the business school on 10/10 (approx) and was accepted on 10/25. A day or two later, he had two letters in the document center. The first was his general acceptance letter, and the second was the GAP acceptance letter. Decisions were moving a lot more quickly back in October than they are now!

2 Likes

Got it. Do you have to apply gap for business?

No, you don’t.

Not considering test scores for honors? I thought it was test-optional, not test-blind?

1 Like

Merit scholarships currently do not take into account test scores per the Pit website. However, Honors scholars admissions do review test scores if available. Honors College admissions is considered test optional this year- this is coming right from the HC website.

4 Likes

That’s what I thought and that makes total sense /s

1 Like

Son got a merit scholarship of 10K per year. Got the letter today. Applied Oct 27, Accepted Nov 17, Merit Dec 15
Dietrich School, for Neuroscience
But his application didn’t move on for GAP medical!

6 Likes

Has anyone received a confirmation email from Pitt that they have received your FAFSA? We’ve received emails from other schools, but not Pitt. I think I’ll have to call Pitt and check.

Same here - son didn’t advance to GAP. Well that’s ok - he got a decent scholarship. Let’s see what honor results looks like. He did hear Pitt emphasizes a ton on research and he doesn’t have a hard core research experience for GAP. Congratulations to those who got in. Getting a research experience in high school is not that easy.

2 Likes

Yes, same here on lack of research. And yes, waiting on Honors. I guess we will know only in March?

2 Likes

Congrats on merit- are you in-state or OOS? Did you submit test scores & if so, what were they? Also, your GPA? ty!

1 Like

For our resident statistician!

strong text> Blockquote

strong textemphasized textMy S submitted his application on 10/27. Haven’t heard back yet. If rejected or denied admissions do we get a mail or message stating so. Or only accepted applicants hear back?strong text

@aspiremed That’s what the website says. Fingers crossed. Either way, Pitt is a great school and it’s on his list of colleges he wants to attend.

1 Like