University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

Do they send an email for acceptance decision? Or is it only on portal?? DD applied end of October I think. Heard nothing yet. Though, I dunno how often she checks it.

Has anyone called Pitt to the status of their decision? Seems like a lot of us still waiting. Anyone applied in Late oct/nov and actually heard back?

2 Likes

Admission decisions are typically available on the document center about a week before they get the e-mail with a cool personalized video. Good luck !

1 Like

I’ll have her look. For some reason it bugs her when i ask. She got into Penn State so I saw her chances are good at Pitt…I just get the lack of excitement…HAHA THANKS!

I applied 10/29 and haven’t heard back, OOS

I applied 11/8 and haven’t heard back either. Checked application status and no to-dos. Hopefully they’re releasing soon?

My daughter applied 10/28 it did take a while for us to get official SAT in. we are OOS SAT1520, 4.0 UW, 400+ volunteer hours, IB, etc… actually were hoping for an invite to the Chancellor’s but so far haven’t even been admitted :(! we found the ‘buttons’ everyone is talking about at one time, but now can no longer find them. nothing on the document portal, no communication since the first email. very disappointing :frowning:

Hi everyone I applied for rolling decision around 12/11 and I was wondering when I would get my decision back. I realize it probably won’t be for a while now.

They really got a lot of applications this year! Is a notice still up on their website saying they had record-breaking applications and it’ll take 6-8 weeks to hear back? Clearly with the holiday and with whatever else, it’s taking longer than that. Good luck to those who are still waiting for decisions, merit, and honors college.

My son applied 11/1 and hasn’t heard back. I also hope it will be soon! :crossed_fingers::woozy_face:

1 Like

My son applied around Oct 15. Took about a month or 6 weeks to get a decision. The decision “showed up” as a change in the “accept/decline” part of the portal (no email or anything). He called and they sent the documents to the document portal after the call. I dont know how long it would have taken to get the email but it almost seemed like they had a glitchy system where part A wasn’t talking to part B. Nothing on financial aid yet. He is OOS and was admitted to comp sci, with an offer to continue into the masters program assuming all goes well.

2 Likes

Did you send in the official Sat’s? When my son applied last year they were waiting for the official sat’s from the college board. We didn’t know we had to submit them. Your daughter has similar stats to my son and he got the chancellors so there’s definitely a chance.

In the Document center there’s a button that says to committ to Pitt. I’m curious why it’s there even though no decision has been made. When we press it, it goes to a place to enroll in classes for this spring, but says it cannot be accessed. Thought it was odd.

@sparkleybarkley Yes, SATs were sent 11/9. That’s good that your son got the chancellor! good for him and good that my daughter has a chance :slight_smile: IF she ever gets admitted :).

Ok same here on the accept/decline tab! it’s there, but nothing in the document center, no email no snail mail. Don’t want to click on it as she’s NOT ready to accept anything.

So has anyone heard about the Chancellor yet??

Nothing happens when you click on it but to being you to their campus portal like where you add drop classes and see your schedule. Must be a glitch. I’m sure they din’t mean to have the button there.

did he get an email or just an update to portal?

The portal updated. And it sat like that for a while. So he called and they said they would post the documents in the document center. At some point he got an email but the best place is to check the portal and the document center.

1 Like

waiting as well. portal says pending and nothing due.

1 Like

Why does it have a “commit to Pitt” button, lol. so deceiving