University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

Which major could he not complete on the main campus?

Environmental science. He could do the first two years at main, but then had to go to either Altoona or Erie I think. We were shocked. There are actually a lot of majors like this, where you can’t do all 4 years at Main.

1 Like

When do honor college decisions typically get released?

I think in Feb. Not sure if early Feb

I had no idea this was a thing at PSU! Never heard of this from my kids’ friends.

I applied around dec 10. When should I receive a decision?

i applied in mid nov and i still dont have a decision so it’s gonna be a longer wait for you. Hold your seat tight cause it’s gonna be a long wait of irritation and anxiety

I applied on Oct 30th and still didn’t get a decision. It sure is a tough ride…

2 Likes

Has anybody recently got any update from Pitts?

We applied at the end of October (31st) and got a positive decision this past week.

4 Likes

Wonder if there is a specific day of the week they release? Anyone know?

I think these people are rolling. We heard this past Saturday morning.

Applied 11/8 and still nothing.

when can we expect decisions for students who applied in november , gosh this process is dead slow

I applied 11/3, got ge is ion about 3 weeks ago

Decision

do you mean you got your decision 3 weeks ago?

1 Like

cause i applied on 17th nov and haven’t heard a thing from them ever since

Accept/Decline buttons finally appeared so it looks like she is in! For anyone who was asked to submit mid-year grades, don’t lose hope.

OOS (IL) / Accepted to SCI for CS
1410 SAT / 31 ACT
3.5uw/4.5w
Lots of CS-related ECs

9/25 Applied
10/14 Mid-year grades requested
1/7 Mid-year grades submitted
1/26 Accept/Decline Buttons appeared, portal changed

2 Likes

Good feedback. Regarding “generous merit scholarships”: granted, I only know 4 in-state students from the '23 and '24 admission classes so it’s a small sample size, but all 4 were Pitt honors admits and received $15k / year. From what I’ve been reading, it’s been $5k / year for similar in-state students in '25 and '26. Just pointing out that Pitt sticker price less $5k vs. Pitt sticker price less $15k makes a big difference when comparing offers from private colleges that come in at $40k or $50k after merit and other financial aid for many families.

1 Like