University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

I don’t know if they are. but my daughter got both, guaranteed Masters in engineering and 20k per year scholarship.

3 Likes

Wowee zowee!

2 Likes

@chrisntine If they didn’t ask for second semester grades I would not provide them, they are dealing with thousands of apps and don’t need extra materials.

3 Likes

congrats, if you want to share for the spreadsheet I’m doing of Pitt merit vis a vis test-optional/test scores, etc, please do so!
OOS, gpa, test scores if submitted, any APs, major, merit money given
thank you!

Where can we see the merit awarded?

She got an email saying to look at her document upload link, and it was in there (same place that the acceptance letter was originally found)

OOS, 4.0/4.0 unweighed, 5.5 weighed, yes SAT 1520 (800 in math), IB diploma - still took 3 APs w/5s including calculus BC, Mec. engineering, $20k/yr with guarantee 5yr. masters program.

4 Likes

DD got her acceptance email! Neat.
OSS-VA
3.9 GPA
AP classes
NO SAT/ACT submitted.
3 year Varsity LAX

7 Likes

My daughter had her mid year grades emailed.

Sounds good to me, thank you!!

Hi everyone! My name is Mae and I was just admitted for psychology. Here’s some info about me:

Stats:

• 3.6 unweighted gpa
  • 31 ACT
  • 5 APs, 7 Honors classes

Extracurriculars:

• 2 jobs
  • National Charity League with 2 Presidential Volunteer Service Awards (idk how many volunteer hours I have in total but it’s definitely over 100)
  • Leadership Initiatives (a program where a team of people in my area assisted a new business owner in another country with promotion, fundraising, and advice. I was fundraising chair for a few years, but it stopped because of Covid)
  • I play guitar and have a semi-successful TikTok page that I post about music on
  • I have played basketball and field hockey, both for two years
  • I own and teach a google classroom page of 1000 students where I post about Frank Ocean (this one is kinda funny but I’m proud that it’s unique)
  • Mental Health & Wellness Club member
  • Unity Club member

Pitt is my second favorite school right now, and I could easily end up there as I was deferred from my #1! Good luck to everyone receiving decisions now:)

10 Likes

thanks much, congrats to your daughter, great stats!

1 Like

Apparently, according to the admissions office I already received my decision letter in my pitt document center but when I checked I only had one document regarding a people soft number for admissions and financial aid. Is that a sign of acceptance? Cause I couldn’t see any official decision letter.

Try clicking on the commit to pity link under the doc in the list. Click pay now and it brings up a left side menu. Go to admissions. Then application status. See what it says.

Did you call them to find out?

no, i mailed them asking when I can expect a decision because those who applied after me have received a decision before me

i did use the pitt app and went on the accept decline tab and there was nothing there. Like how it shows when your decision is not released.

Ok thx. My kid applied weeks before you so that’s all helpful info. :relaxed:

oh i found my decision , yayyy i got inn! Thank you so much for the help

12 Likes

Congrats :clap:

1 Like