University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

Congrats!!

Can you describe how you found it? My kid applied weeks before you and still sees nothing.

I went to the pitt document center, then there is something called as ‘commit to pitt’ below in the same page. Then once that opened I scrolled down on pay deposit after which it logged me into the pitt portal type of place . There in the admissions tab I found my acceptance.

2 Likes

Ok thx… that seems really clunky and hard to find. Lol. We’ll try that

tried it, still pending

Oh just saw this, thanks. Was she asked for the mid-year grades or did her school counselor just send them automatically? My D’s counselor has the kids get updated transcripts sent to the Common App (via Parchment) but not directly to schools, so I guess Pitt will see it there if they want it.

I guess I was worried that she was supposed to submit like at most of the schools she applied to. But I realize now that not all schools require it, like the California UC’s/CSU’s don’t require it so we’ll hold off on sending to Pitt unless they ask. Thanks for your help!

They did not ask, they emailed them directly.

1 Like

So my decision came on 11 th jan itself but i didnt know cause it didnt show on my portal. It’s after I wrote an email did I find out that my decision has been released like two weeks back. But, there is an issue with their system so I didnt get my letter and I’m sure for many of y’all also that’s true. The admissions team could see my letter sent out long back but I could’nt see anything on my portal. So they just verbally told me I’m accepted but my official decision letter is yet to come. They are fixing the issue now.

5 Likes

Thx for update. Congrats again

They fixed the issue guys, go check once again

1 Like

hehe thank you

What major was your D 2025 who got 10k/year? My D2026 was given only 2k but has 4.0uw/4.9 w and tons of great ECs/leadership.

so is there an e mail or snail mail letter sent that would make someone look in their portal? not sure how often mine checks

I think they are having lots of issues. we saw the ‘accept’ button and that prompted us to send an email asking when we would find out. the next day we got an email saying there was a new document in the document center and then a few weeks later the congrats package in the mail. had we never reached out by email, not sue when we would have been told she was accepted…

Anthropology

1 Like

I think it depends where the student lives - different admissions officers are working at different speeds probably!

2 Likes

Applied 11/26 and was accepted 1/26, received the email 1/28. Late November applicants look out!
OOS
Homeschooled
3.94 uw/4.33 w GPA
30 ACT
7 DE Classes

5 Likes

yes, i’m an international applicant and applied in mid november and got my decision 2 weeks back, so keep checking your document center for the decision letter, I found mine there too

Was the decision letter always there? Or was that the glitch?

it wasn’t there, that was the glitch. I got it when they fixed the issue.