University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

Does Pitt have National Merit Scholarship? It’s not clear to me in Pitt’s financial web site.

Wait, tuition at Pitt for OOS ranges from $34,124 for Dietrich up to $43,374 for Nursing. 20K off brings it to $14,124-23,374. Rutgers in-state tuition is only $13-14k, right? I am speaking of just tuition. I say this because Pennsylvania is notoriously known for having the most expensive in-state tuition including Pitt. Penn State, in fact, is THE most expensive NCAA East Big 10 school.

1 Like

$15,800 with fees for Rutgers in state.

1 Like

And I didn’t include Pitt fees in those OOS numbers.

Yes, michigan state is a great university . Even when I applied I got accepted with a $25K scholarship and that too for an international student like me. That’s quite rare to give such big grants to international stuents.

2 Likes

Where can you see merit awards?

congrats on the $20k merit!
I am compiling a spreadsheet (which I will share along the way) - I have a HS junior now and I’m trying to judge how Pitt is awarding merit vis a vis test-optional.
So I’m asking folks who get merit to contribute if they like.

Things I request:
OOS or in-state; $$ of merit; whether you submitted test scores; if yes, what were they; GPA; any AP classes; major.

If you would like to contribute in-thread or via PM, I’d be appreciative.
Thanks!

1 Like

Not sure if you have this:
In state, $2k
3.98 UW
No scores
4 APs
Nursing

3 Likes

Yep! You remain the only family on my spreadsheet whose kid got merit without submitting test scores.
Would love to see if there are more, but so far, mostly OOS got merit and all submitted (high) scores.

(And yes, I know this is a very very unscientific spreadsheet)

1 Like

In state, test optional, 96.3% GPA, $5K merit, 3APs (our school only offers 6), business.

I had answered a similar question upthread, but it must have been someone else who was asking.

3 Likes

Did those of you in state who got merit get notified soon after acceptance? I’m hoping my kid gets even a small amount, but he was accepted back in October so I’m thinking it’s not going to happen.

You answered me, I liked it, and somehow it is not on the spreadsheet, so I’m very glad to see you post it again!
Thank you.
OK, you/your kid are now the in-state test-optional merit champ.

2 Likes

My daughter was accepted really early and did hear fairly soon after. I think they started reviewing for merit in October and she must have received it in their first round. They do say that they continuously review through March, and an applicant who didn’t get it earlier could still get it later.

1 Like

We were not looking at Nursing. In Engg, it’s about 33k vs Rutgers 15k in-state. Fees may change the calculation a bit, but for Bioengineering, there’s a huge ranking difference (Pitt ~20s vs Rutgers having no ranking)

Wow that’s pretty awesome if I do say so myself. Could be that she applied on 8/3 though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t think so. My Daughter 2025 got $10k at pitt and was. NMF. She did get a full tuition scholarship at Fordham for NMF but liked Pitt better we are in state.

Same have accept /decline but no acceptance letter in document center. Should we call/email?

Maybe… sounds like there was some glitch and documents not delivered. Mine has been waiting 3 months…:woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I agree that it must have helped…or certainly didn’t hurt. I am really grateful she applied early!

1 Like

Has everyone who was accepted in Sept/Oct have financial aid info? We are still completely blank