University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

DS admitted late September. No financial aid info yet. Blank as well.

1 Like

I was admitted late September and my financial aid is blank.

1 Like

Admitted mid Sept and no financial aid info

1 Like

Same, no financial aid info.
Portal reminds in TO DO section to file FAFSA, but it was done in yearly October. All other schools got it.

1 Like

I had the same TO DO for FAFSA. I called them. It means they are verifying the information manually. They do that with around 30%…and they don’t have enough people to do it so it slows everything down. I dont know how that affects any potential merit awards.

1 Like

DS got merit scholarship in November already, so missing FAFSA on the file has no effect at all on merit.

1 Like

Pitt has repeatedly said that merit awards are independent of FAFSA or needs.

3 Likes

Any word on Chancellor Scholarship?

Do you know their timeframe on merit? Seems like some have gotten them and others have not. My son was accepted quickly in Nov and hasn’t heard anything about merit. Maybe he won’t get anything. Do they typically send a note or you just sort of get the hint in the end that you have no merit?

1 Like

My 2020 received no notification at all. She just didn’t get a notification that she did get it. So we knew she didn’t.

1 Like

Finally received ours today. Accepted! My D 2025 goes to Pitt now. I secretly hope my younger decides to as well.

10 Likes

Congratulations. When did your child submit their app?

1 Like

Congrats! When did they apply and how’d they find out? So excited for them

We are in exactly the same position. My S applied late October, was accepted by mid November, but no merit award as of yet

After months of my application status saying pending, it now says complete. I now have an accept/decline admissions button which says Dietrich, my major, term, app number, and an accept/decline button. What does this mean?

7 Likes

When I click accept it takes me to my residency and asks me to put down a deposit! But I haven’t gotten any email confirmation or anything in my document hub. I checked on Reddit and it seems that this means I got in but I don’t want to get too ahead of myself

4 Likes

I think from previous posts you’re in. When I press accept it decline it’s blank.

My D22 applied 12/23 though, so she has a long wait. My app also still says pending. But it used to say “undeclared” for major. When she inquired about it, they said all undergrads are undeclared. But now it says “communications” so I don’t know why that changed.

2 Likes

congrats! you applied in Oct? glad to know they are finally getting to folks. congrats!!

1 Like

Yes, Oct 29th! Thanks so much!

1 Like

Thank you! Mine also was listed as undeclared for a few months and only just this week switched to Political Science.

1 Like