University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

Check this portal: https://ermpitt.force.com/OAFA/s/

2 Likes

I’m not going to lie but Pitt is confusing me! I just happened to go check on her document center, and got a very pleasant surprise :)! a nice scholarship from engineering!!! no email, no notification, it was just there, waiting for her :)!!!

10 Likes

Any news on GAP medical?

1 Like

Be careful potential Pitt students. I live here so I see this information on local news.

1 Like

Thanks

We received the financial aid award email from Pitt today. Is there anyone who has received merit AFTER receiving this notification? Or does this mean she did not receive merit, since it is not on the financial aid breakdown? She applied 11/26 and was accepted 2/3 if that helps. Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

I think same for us. In state paying full price less $5500 federal loans. Not hopeful for merit. Last year merit came in my older daughters acceptance letter.

1 Like

My daughter was attacked in similar fashion in December. It was super random getting off a school sponsored bus. Same on 5th Ave. There are cameras and police think they IDd the guy. Wonder if the same guy?

Yeah, was just trying to crowdsource info regarding the timing since the process is so opaque. She did receive $10k in grants because my income was lower in 2020 due to Covid, but those grants will go away in subsequent years. Now I have to wonder if those 1-year grants impacted the possibility of a 4-year merit award. If what people have said is true and “merit” is a yield management tool, rather than a pure academic award, I can see why they wouldn’t give merit to someone in-state who is already receiving other aid this year.

We are in the same boat. However, I am hopeful. My D22 has the Stamps and Nordenberg process to play out. After that, whatever happens, I am hoping she gets something if not the big prize (but super hoping it works out for her). Honors still has to come out. They still need to invite for Chancellors. They are wrapping up a lot of things in Feb. Merit can come until March 1.

We got the Financial Aid statement today. Includes merit that he has had no notification of yet. Kind of a boring way to find out, but between that and Panther Pride (OOS), looks like we will be visiting!

4 Likes

We received merit, than the financial aid letter, than more merit- but from the engineering school specifically. Hope that helps :slight_smile:

That’s a little worrisome to me…. If they are waiting to give yours merit (which ofcouse they will if she doesn’t get one of the big scholarships!!) till the outcome… then does the fact that mine got a lot of merit $33K mean they are not considering her for Chancellor? :frowning:

That does, thank you!

1 Like

Laura, 2 things. Hmm, I do not know for a fact that they will give the semifinalists merit money if they do not make it as the finalists for these awards. I wish I knew that. Maybe at her interview day they will say something to the students about this.

Secondly, if your D22 is KILLING IT with $33,000 in merit, isn’t that basically the COA that the Chancellor’s would offer? Is there more? Are you OOS? I’m still amazed she got that much merit!!! Outstanding!

1 Like

I think they would offer good merit to those that don’t get the scholarship, not doing so would not make sense IMO

OOS and yes the chancellor would offer a lot more. She has gotten great merit at a lot of schools, what she really dreams of is a stamps (chancellor, the likes) beyond just having the goal of full ride for financial reasons she also wants the imesurable things that those programs can offer her… she dreams/ strives toward this more than admittance to the ivies she’s applied to.

1 Like

Wow. Sounds like a neat kid. She gets the value of the mentorship, the fund that makes non paid internships paid, study abroad, etc. I hope that her dreams come true! We will know about Honors soon. Chancellor invites cannot be much longer after that. Fingers and toes crossed.

1 Like

Is she in the running for Stamps / other comprehensive scholarships at any of her other schools?

I PM you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congrats to her and that merit!

Did the engineering just show up in the document center?