University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

@ELK_8 does your D22’s portal have merit scholarship or other? Asking because my D22 also was accepted in September, yet has heard nothing about merit. You were the only post here that could find where they were accepted so early and only recently received merit. We’re still hoping, but it’s tough to be patient!

When was your child accepted?

My D applied 12/1 and is anxiously waiting too. @manyapx applied 12/1 so hopefully more good news is coming for other kids soon! :crossed_fingers:

Congrats to all who were already admitted!

2 Likes

Sorry, no merit awarded. I may have posted wrong. She was just recently awarded a Pitt Success Grant and the Panther Pride Award. Both of those equal a nice amount of money, especially being oos. Our finances have changed since 2020, so we can’t expect that need-based aid$$ will be the same for her sophomore year and beyond. We are really hoping for some type of merit to seal the deal and commit to Pitt. I know! It’s so hard when our kids were both accepted back in September. Other Big 10 schools are now offering my daughter more, which will be consistent each year. Pitt is her top pick, but it may change without some sort of merit. FYI, my D22 is a neuroscience major, with the goal to be a physicians assistant. She did apply for honors and guaranteed admissions to the PA program, but no news on either.

1 Like

Same here. My D applied 12/2 and is waiting too.

1 Like

Will we for sure get our decision before 3/1? Also, what are the admissions odds now that we are so late into the process? I think I have strong qualifications, 35 ACT, Internsip, state athlete, volunteer etc

Congratulations. I noticed that U. of Pitt. Application does not have the section to list your extracurricular activities. Please let me know how to submit extracurricular activities? Thank you!!

1 Like

Got offer to visit Pitt expenses paid today, usps

7 Likes

WoW! OOS? What all does it include? Very cool :slight_smile: congrats!

Yep! OOS, includes payment for one hotel stay and 250 in travel fees for anyone within 999 miles of campus.

5 Likes

the same just happened to me! i was so confused and assumed that i did the application incorrectly but it changed to psychology finally!

2 Likes

For those who noticed when their admission application status went from “under review” to “completed” , how long before accept/decline info became available?

My D22 is also a neuroscience major and also applied to honors! She’s interested in research. She’s also gotten merit awards from other schools, but we’re waiting to see if she gets into honors and if she gets any merit award.

Good luck to your D22!

The Pitt. Application does not provide a space for extracurricular activities, awards, honors, clubs etc. Please let me know how to submit these activities.

Pitt also accepts the Common App. If you want to include all of that information, submitting that way is likely your easiest route, assuming you have used it to apply elsewhere already.

If you want to use their app but also share EC information, i would email your AO to see the best way to share it at this point. They discussed how to do it in information sessions over the summer, but given they have gotten 60%+ more applications than usual this year, they may want to give you specific instructions for an application submitted now.

Whichever way you apply, fill out the SRAR rather than having your high school submit a transcript. They have always said that the SRAR helps them to evaluate an application more quickly.

It seems that Pitt App is much simpler and faster processed because it is Pitt. I am also interested in GAP Medicine, so I want to share my medical experiences too, but no space for that. I am planning to mention them in my personal statement. Thoughts?

Is this for 2023? GAP Medicine applications for 2022 were due long ago and decisions are in process or have been made.

If it’s for 2023, I would wait to see what they want next year. The requirements changed some from 2021 to 2022.

Yes, but I wanted to prepare in advance. GAP Medicine requires many health care experiences.

Because they were test optional this year, they did allow for activities to be submitted even if using the Pitt application. Prior to test optional, they didn’t accept activities in any form. Have they announced whether they will be test optional in 2023 yet?

I haven’t been through the BS/MD application process, but my understanding is that a primary concern of schools is that the selected applicants will have a high level of maturity — much higher than what is expected of a typical 17/18-year-old college applicant. The BS/MD route is grueling, and they want to be comfortable that the admitted students will be able to handle the program. Many applicants will be able to handle it academically, but they are trying to find the students that can handle it emotionally, socially, etc., as there is some degree of sacrifice in giving up a typical college experience.

You are already showing some of that maturity by being proactive and looking for this information. My advice would be to contact your regional AO directly with this question. He or she will probably tell you that 2023 is still TBD, but may have some advice that will be helpful.

Good luck!