University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

Yes, common app. She applied early where possible and did well even though she is not as high stats as many here. Her essays were interesting and she has decent leadership and a job. Early action makes a huge difference, in our experience.

You have time!

3 Likes

congratulations!

Have pitt honors come out yet? They came out last year on the 14th @ 3?

We haven’t heard anything here! Good luck! Hoping you are right and it is today.

1 Like

Hopefully but I don’t know…

Nothing yet. Keep in mind that the original date for Pitt honors notification last year was Feb 1 and they pushed it to on or before Feb 22. The date of notification this year is on or before March 1.

1 Like

And they’ve been inundated with a record high number of applicants this year

1 Like

D was admitted to SCI for Comp Sci.
3.95uw / 4.31w
10 AP’s
1560 SAT
OOS (California)

For those still waiting, her timeline so far:
12/1: Applied via Common App
2/11: Acceptance letter date
2/13: Email with link to access admission docs

Still hoping for merit and honors college. Good luck everyone!

10 Likes

congratulations!

1 Like

Anyone hear anything back yet?

Does anyone know what we’ll miss by doing a Daily Visit instead of Admitted Students visit? We waited too long to schedule. We’d like to visit before end of march/early April.

Earlier in the thread, in November, i posted with details what we experienced on an Admitted Students Visit. They may not have student panels for specific colleges and for Honors. But a tour and info session is always helpful. You can always make a separate apt with Honors or with a Dept

2 Likes

Did anyone log onto the Q & A financial aid offer Zoom today? We are in Illinois and were unable to log on because of school. If so, any “good to know” info. from it you’d like to share? Hoping they put up the video to watch for those that missed it.

Get out your chart, @Gatormama !!! D22 just learned she is a finalist for the Stamps Scholarship!!! We are over the moon!!! At her interview day, current scholars said the Stamps interview is a formality, and @itsgettingreal21 has shared similar information on other threads. But D22 is taking nothing for granted, and her email clearly gives tons of info for this next step, so Pitt will help guide her.

She loved interview day – the activities, the other contenders, the current scholars, her interview itself. Pitt did a very nice job, and she even loved the buffet luncheon they had for them!

Hail.To.Pitt. !!!

29 Likes

Congrats!

1 Like

congrats!!!

1 Like

Congrats and thanks for sharing. Through your comments on this thread I have noticed that you are kind, informative and helpful to others. Your daughter must be the same and I am sure it shined through in her interview :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Thank you so much for your kind words. Very proud and grateful.

1 Like

Awesome, congratulations :tada:

1 Like

it’s true what College 614 said, it’s nice to see good kids get rewarded!

still can’t believe she’s moving to the last round of Stamps and chancellors hasn’t even been invited!

1 Like