University of Pittsburgh Class of 2026 Official Discussion Thread

The Band Director got back to D22 after she completed the info form for the Pitt Band. Really hoping that works out for her. Final word about the Stamps Scholarship should come this week

3 Likes

same place.

1 Like

That would require an admission decision… and honestly, I don’t understand what is taking Pitt so long for what was a very minimal application compared to most other schools.

It’s unbelievable that Pitt does not give a penny in scholarship to band members.
Even the smaller university where I work gives each member $1500.00 a year.

Your D22 sounds like a rock star but be warned, Pitt band is a huge commitment.
D19 had a friend, top 10 of his HS class, who really struggled with balancing his Pitt CS classes with band his first 2 years and ended up withdrawing from Pitt after sophomore year (with $60k+ in debt) He entered the AF reserves where he is working in computers and going to another college on GI.

My S19 would have loved to join the Pitt band, but his GPA would have suffered for reduced study time for sure. I guess some students can juggle it, but it may depend on the major and other outside commitments tied to their future goals.

Yes, all good things to consider. I think there is a small stipend. I read it on the website a while back. Shes a band kid, thats her thing. But i hear you.

1 Like

She can get 1 credit each semester. That’s it.

Forgot to mention, there are also Pep Bands for men’s basketball and women’s volleyball. And a symphonic band too. Lots of options

Ok. Maybe it was pep band that gets $500

My S19 was a HS band kid, too. (2x All-State, and 1x All-National) It was tempting I know.
This past year when the Pitt marching band had to travel to an away football game, they didn’t have enough players for the pep band for the womens’ v-ball games so they used another local college band, RMU. S19 had friends playing at the Pete from RMU, lol.

1 Like

Very cool!

Does anyone know when honors comes out…

They are supposed to come out March 1st at 2?

We are still waiting too. Son submitted application on 11/30. Over the weekend his status changed to “complete” from pending, but nothing else - nothing under accept/decline button. It’s funny because I had him apply thinking we’d hear back earlier than some of the others - in reality he has already heard back from one of his RD schools but crickets from Pitt. At this point I assume a “no” or waitlist but just want confirmation.

Check portals! Honors is out

D22 is waitlisted , good luck!

2 Likes

My son’s at work - did she get an email?

No, @Elaine_Kulick_Smith posted the news on the Pitt Honors thread!

Just heard S22 waitlisted for Dietrich. Not sure if he will bother with the waitlist or not.

Son got in

4 Likes

Waitlisted. I will see what Penn States says tomorrow

1 Like

Still complete on one page, pending on the other. No decision.