University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

I checked tonight. I received it 3 days after I submitted my UG application. I think it also depends on the school you applied to. I applied to School of A&S. What is your school?

Same A&S

international student here planning on submitting an app to pitt this week. Problem is my school uses a weird grading system thatā€™s on a scale of 1-8, and we donā€™t have any conversion systems. My grades mostly range from 6-7 which is pretty good (think Aā€™s and Bā€™s). The profile explaning our system isnā€™t exactly ready yet for submission so Iā€™m scared Iā€™ll get rejected as AOā€™s will think I didnā€™t do as good in academic performance when in reality 6/7 is very high. Would you reccomend I still submit my application this week and send the profile 2-3 later or just wait and submit everything together? Or I could just submit the application now and hope I get in. Doing the IB Diploma btw and have pretty good ecā€™s(intended major is pol sci).

Unrelated to admissions but hoping someone knows the answer. For fafsa are 401k contributions untaxed income?

I still think for Pitt the earlier the better so I would send it in. Maybe there is some place for an optional statement where you can explain the grades a little, but even if not it sounds like you might be an interesting enough applicant to stand out and make them take notice.

So do you think they review applications based on major? Again, hasnā€™t been that long but wondering.

Thank you so so much. I do have access to my schoolā€™s profile from last year, itā€™s just not the most recent, so I could send that. Would recommend it? And also do you know where I could submit this additional statement?

Not for FAFSA, but I believe theyā€™re added back in for CSS schools.
You can get much more authoritative answers than mine from the awesome folks in the financial aid section of the forums.

Anyone know when admissions typically notifies applicants about Honorā€™s College?

Honors college notifications come much later. I think last year it was in February.

1 Like

My son applied 9/5 to engineering, got his acceptance email 9/21. OOS from Texas. Itā€™s a relief to have a couple acceptances. Thankful for rolling admissions.

8 Likes

@Melhope lots of east coast Philly and OOS kids at Pitt. There were articles in the past year that the DC kids were flocking to Pitt in droves. Our central NJ HS routinely sends 5 or so kids to Pitt annually. Boston is of course a big draw but Pittsburgh also has that mid-size city feel with a highly rated, nationally-known, affordable school which is tough to find in New England and the mid-Atlantic states.

4 Likes

congrats. i sense that engineering is turning decisions much faster than the other schools. 10 days vs. 4-6 weeks

1 Like

This is what Iā€™m wondering. Havenā€™t seen many come though for business yet.

Just submitted the Pitt app. How do I also submit a resume and when?

It was that way in the late 80ā€™s when I attended. Lots of Philly/NJ/NYC kids. Some from Boston too. I was always curious what the appeal was other than itā€™s a good school.

I think you are crazy if you canā€™t see the appeal of Pittsburgh! So much there to enjoy, and the campus is 100% better with green spaces and building improvements since the late 1980s, and the academics are amazing. Please visit campus if you havenā€™t been there in a while. I am an alum too, and Iā€™m super impressed with the school.

2 Likes

Well mine just got into WVU and applied a few days ago lol. Pitt is one of her top though!!

6 Likes

My son got his buttons today. No letter yet but I know you guys said that come later so yay! We are excited. He applied as a Political Science major. He applied in Mid-August.

7 Likes

If you apply for a GAP, should you be able to see that in your application drop down? I can see Arts and Sciencs, Undeclared, but not that my student requested consideration for the Occupational Therapy GAP. Hoping she didnā€™t make a mistake!