University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

“…first-year applications to the Oakland campus have risen by 92% since 2013, and by 53% between 2021 and 2022….”

Do you mean after your child applied? She had it on her drop down menu on the Common App. After submitting the application, I wasn’t sure what you meant by application drop down. After my D submitted her app, I don’t recall seeing anything about the GAP in the “Student Center” until she was accepted and received the letter inviting her to apply for the PA GAP in the document center. Hope that helps!

Lol. I was being facetious. At the time I was curious. Having visited other campuses and sending two sons to other schools I appreciate that it really is a nice place to spend 4 years. Too bad the “O” is gone.

1 Like

Devastating that The O is gone!

It often depends on the college you applied to

Hi, Has anyone applied to Upitt on their website and did you receive an email upon application submission acknowledging the submission ?

Hi all. Curious if anyone commits yet? Thanks.

I am confused. Are the merit scholarship and the Chancellor scholarship the same?

There are regular merit scholarships which are just different dollar amounts. I believe they beginning offering in October and continue from there. There are Chancellor scholarships which are full scholarships but offered only to students admitted to the Honors College and those don’t come out until maybe March. (I believe their might be a max of 15 of those.) Then there are the Stamps and Nordenberg Scholarships but those are only for PA residents.

2 Likes

Where did you grad end up? My S19 graduates this spring Pitt class of 2023! He is a top candidate for pretty much any route but will be applying MD/PhD.

1 Like

Got it. Thank you.

Yes–I meant in the student center. I can see that she applied to Dietrich and has an undeclared major but nothing about the GAP, though she did (or thinks she did!) check it on her Common App.

You can go look on the Common App at the submitted application and see whether the GAP interest is checked off.
fwiw, my kid also got nothing about GAP admission so I am guessing he was rejected.

Yes, same. It does not say anything specific to GAP in the student center, but my D23 got a supplement application for GAP so I think it’s just not eflected in the student center.

My eldest is an M1 at Virginia Tech.

1 Like

I applied using Pitt app and submitted my srar on the same day and remembered got email regarding activate Pitt account the very next day.

Congratulations to her.
what are her stats? How long it for SRAR data to be received. My son applied on 9/21. Entered SRAR on 9/23. It still shows waiting for SRAR data

@goldy75 Thanks!!

Here was her timeline:
~Applied through Common App 9/11/22
~Set up portal 9/12/22
~Completed SRAR 9/12/22 (I forget how I found the link to do this. It was before we received the email to complete it. A couple other schools she is applying to uses it as well, one I didn’t know about until it showed up under "My Colleges and Universities on the SRAR)
~SRAR linked to app and sent to Pitt 9/13/22
~“Received application” email received from Pitt 9/15/22 at 12:48 pm
~Application moving to review phase/how you’ll hear email received 9/15/22 at 2:46 pm

Here are D23’s stats:
~4.0 UW GPA, 4.42 W GPA
~HS doesn’t do class rank, but top 5% of class
~Will have 4 APs (AP Lit-5, AP Psych-5, taking AP Spanish and AP Bio now), 8 honors classes
~Good ECs: 4 years varsity sport (1 yr state champ, 2 yrs state runner-up so far), PT job in off-season/summers, hospital volunteer, relevant medical-related experience, honor societies
~Test Optional
~OOS

2 Likes

Has anyone applied using the Pitt app and still not received any initial communication? I applied mid last week (9/21) and still have not received any email about making my portal or anything. Should I submit the SRAR? I have it done, just wanted to wait for the link that they promised but nothing’s coming up.

Thank you, We submitted using common app again, Pitt app dosen’t have activities list to project the candidacy.