University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

My admitted student applied in August using the Pitt app and was able to upload a résumé. She felt that her résumé was much stronger than the limited amount they’re able to put on the activities list in common app. She did use common app for many other schools but since Pitt was one of the top choices she loved the option to upload the full résumé. There is a place in common app to put a résumé as well but we’ve heard that schools don’t always look at it because they just refer to the activities list instead.

1 Like

Has anyone heard anything recently? When did you apply?

1 Like

I’ve seen no recent decisions on here other that engineering applicants (being turned quickly) and the early August other applicants who go answers

1 Like

Mine got the buttons on Friday. She’s going for social work. Her app went into review 8/16.

5 Likes

I found this useful to understand the process and what to watch for Fall 2023 Pitt applicants - Fall 2023 Resources - Admissions | University of Pittsburgh

1 Like

University Scholarships

University Scholarships are the most common type of merit award and are primarily based on academic performance in high school. Criteria include weighted grade point average, rigor of curriculum (AP/IB/Honors courses), class rank (if applicable), and SAT/ACT results (if applicable). In addition, various non-numerical, holistic factors, as presented in the personal statement or Common Application essay, that describe the candidate’s background are also a part of the review process. These holistic factors allow for a diverse and multi-talented student body. Holistic criteria may include exceptional and unique talents; commitment to community service and leadership; significant family, job, or community responsibility; and contributions to cultural, economic, or racial diversity.

Number, Value, and Term of University Scholarships
University Scholarships range from $2,000 per year to $20,000 per year. University Scholarships are available for four years/eight semesters of undergraduate study provided the recipient maintains a 3.00 cumulative grade point average and meets all other terms and conditions of the award. Learn more about requirements governing University Scholarships.

Notification of Award
Due to the competitiveness of University Scholarships, most admitted students are reviewed by the Scholarship Committee several times before a final decision is made. As a result, those students selected to receive an award will be notified anytime between late-October and March 1 regardless of date admitted. Only students who are selected to receive an award will be notified.

D23 just got the buttons. Application went into review 9/15.

OOS
3.93 UW
4.3 W
1370 SAT
Lots of AP, IB, Honors
Great ECs
Business - Finance

7 Likes

DS also just got the buttons! So excited for him - it’s one of his top choices.

OOS
School of Computing & Information.
1400 SAT (760 M which I think helped)
4.18 W GPA
Applied Aug 7, went to review Aug 17 and decision Sept 26 or 27 (didn’t check last night).

8 Likes

Finally got the buttons today
SCI out of state applied 8/5

8 Likes

Just got the buttons as well. SCI, OOS. Submitted 8/1. 3.9 unweighted and 1430 SAT. Will feel better once we get the email :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I received the upitt account setup instructions, the status shows ToDos and mention to submit the documents but not instructions were provided on how to submit. Has anyone encountered this or how do you submit additional supporting documents , is there an email or options in the application portal ?

Which documents?

Proof of citizenship

qq to the upitt applicants , Are honors and GAP separate applications/separate essays ?

YEA!!! I’ve been waiting for you to post as I know you’ve been waiting!

I would imagine they are separate, although my D23 only applied for GAP and not honors. The additional materials she was invited to submit include an essay with a prompt that is specific to her PA GAP program and 3 LORs.

1 Like

Looks like the SCI staff did a bunch of reviewing recently. Good deal! I hope some of the other schools people are waiting on make some decisions soon.

Congrats to those who got their buttons!

1 Like

After logging in and expecting to see “pending” once again, I am happy to report that we finally have the buttons today!!! Swanson Engineering, applied 8/5.

10 Likes

Do you know if a letter gets mailed to the home or are we waiting for an email confirming they are accepted?

We have still not received a letter via the postal service or an email.

But in the Pitt doc center, there was a letter uploaded one day. We had been checking there multiple times a day for several weeks, and one day the letter appeared. It appeared on late Tuesday afternoon after Labor Day weekend (the buttons appeared Friday afternoon). It appears that the Pitt doc center does no updates during weekends or holidays.