University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

Still waiting here… applied 9/1 but went to review 9/14.

Thanks. Hoping you get a decision soon too. Good luck!

Send an email to pitt.admissions@pitt.edu with your Pitt ID included. They respond pretty quickly.

1 Like

Well, my D23 was accepted on September 13th and we haven’t received anything in the mail. She just got her letter in the on-line document center on the 13th.

1 Like

I got accepted at the end of Aug. but still nothing in the mail…

1 Like

Thank you, This is helpful

Just confirming …the buttons mean acceptance? It seems to be the case.

1 Like

yep!
don’t hit accept until/unless you mean it :slight_smile:

Where are you able to upload a resume on the Pitt application?

In the faq section for their application, there’s a link to use for additional info

Thank you very much!

1 Like

What a wealth of knowledge on this page! Thank you for sharing your experiences. We have been anxiously waiting for an update until today when my daughter also received her acceptance in pitt document tonight. I only made her check when I saw that a batch of acceptance went out today from this thread. She had a great experience on her visit to a Blue and Gold day over the summer. I will share her stats to add to the community.

Accepted into the Deitrich School of Arts and Science
Major: Neuroscience

Applied 9/11
Went into Review 9/15
Acceptance 9/27

UW GPA 3.9
W GPA 4.5
Applied with SAT 1360

2 APs at time of application (5 APs in Senior year) and Mostly GT and Honors classes.

EC - Heavily involved dance company and dance team leaving no time for other extracurriculars

6 Likes

when did you applied.
My son applied on 9/21. Application is in pending status.

Just curious if anyone who got the accept/decline button in the last day or so has gotten anything in the document center yet? We have read all of the posts that say the accept/decline button means you are in, but we are being cautiously optimistic. (Also, could the accept/decline be for another campus besides the main Pittsburgh campus?)
Thanks!

We got the letter last night but not sure when the buttons showed up. Our letter was dated 9/27.

1 Like

Does anyone know if Pitt (or other schools for that matter) limit the number of accepted apps from a particular school or does it matter? Thanks.

1 Like

I am not sure 100% but I think so. That is a reason why applying early is better.

I have never heard that they do. We are fairly local, and some of the larger high schools in Pittsburgh do seem to experience caps or at least a higher bar when they apply to Penn State. I have not heard the same complaints about Pitt.

At our small high school, sometimes 4-6 students will be admitted and some years 10-12 will. With class sizes under 100, that’s well over 10% of the graduating class.

Now, if their yield is low from your high school, I could see that impacting some decisions. Overall, though, I don’t think it is a big factor with in state schools, at least.

For those who applied to the honors college, especially if you submitted your essay separately, later. Is there anything in the portal indicating that they received the honors college essay?

Is it correct that if I see this Accept/Decline menu option means accepted or decision is still pending?. I see application status as pending.

Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 10.40.53 AM