University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

That link it always there. If you click on it and buttons show up to accept or decline then that usually means you are in.

My kid has the same. Applied 9/12, SRAR submitted same day, etc. Still ā€œpendingā€

Ok, I dont see any buttons. It just says no information on that page. I guess it is still in review. Thank you.

Yup then your application is still pending.

The Application Status link when clicked on will change to Complete vs Pending. Then, clicking on the accept/decline link (if admitted) will show up as two buttons. And I know b/c I checked every day during the week for the last three weeks! :crazy_face::rofl::rofl:. DS got his buttons yesterday, but still waiting on official letter to be posted.

3 Likes

Thank you for the tip.

Just got the update that application went to review now.

1 Like

I have the same question, kid got admitted to CS in Engg college and submitted his honors essay today. He didnā€™t get any email notification and I checked his Pitt site and it doesnā€™t have any update.

if I didnā€™t indicate to apply for Honorā€™s college and since now Iā€™ve already been accepted to ā€œnormalā€ college, is there any way I can still apply for Honors? Can I just submit the Honorā€™s essay on the web?

What do the buttons look like?

It can take a few days for letters to populate in the document center, from what Iā€™ve read and seen here. As far as another campus, I believe if it says ā€œDietrichā€ or ā€œSwansonā€, etc above the major, then it is main campus. Looking at posts in previous years, people at the other branches have had some sort of acronym attached to the major like ā€œUPJā€ for Johnstown. So, if the major doesnā€™t have that and has the name of one of the schools that is only located at Main, then I think you can assume Main campus.

I canā€™t figure out how to black out the application number, but Gatormama posted this a week or so ago above in this thread!

Thank you for sharing the screenshot!

Iā€™m not sure. However, on the tour, they told us you can apply in your first year to start second year. It also appears there isnā€™t a huge difference between honors and not.

For those admitted upitt applicants, Did you hear the admit status after the official transcript is sent or based on SRAR ?

Kid was admitted based on SRAR; official transcript didnā€™t get sent until 3 weeks after admission.

1 Like

Thank you

My D23 applied on 09/15 and the application status changed to complete today with Accept/Decline buttons.

5 Likes

thank you! Just got the letter of acceptance! Happy house here!!! (FYI for those who are curious, it was about 24-30 hours or so between when the ā€œbuttonsā€ arrived and the letter arrived.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s what the website says! (But I am not an expert :joy:)

1 Like