University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

My youngest received their accept/decline buttons today on 9/29 for the Dietrich School of Arts and Science

Applied 8/10, applied directly to Pitt

Test Optional

Submitted essay, no additional activities sent
Email went into Review 8/18

UW GPA 3.86
W GPA 3.9

1 AP and 5 Honors classes

6 Likes

got it thanks!

omg, big mea culpa to @HashMom @goldy75 @CCName1 – I was wrong about Pitt and demonstrated interest. Here’s the relevant chart from the 21-22 CDS.
Sorry about that!!

7 Likes

Cool chart @Gatormama

It’s from the Common Data Set. Almost all schools publish a CDS annually. It’s a wealth of information for each school.

Here is the link for Pitt’s. The admissions data starts on page 6:

1 Like

Congrats on your nursing accceptance! Can I ask what your stats were?

How long does it take to get the decision complete email after the Review complete status?

Yes, I am familiar with them. I just liked the chart. I find Common Data Sets especially helpful when researching highly competitive universities.

Nothing so far. As the deadline gets closer, she’ll probably email them to confirm they received it. I don’t think the honors program is rolling, so no rush?

I am still working on the essay, since the honors is not rolling.

D hasn’t got official notification of decision. However, when she logged in today it says accept or decline your decision in student center

4 Likes

Son was accepted into the School of Business with an intended major of marketing.

Applied via Common App on 8/16.
Accepted yesterday.

Unweighted GPA: 3.95
Weighted GPA: 4.4
SAT: 1350
AP/IB/Honors Classes: 13
—including a year of advanced accounting and IB Economics
Residency: Pennsylvania

Took about 5 business-related elective courses and attended a business summer camp in entrepreneurship.

Plays varsity football, referees peewee football, and works part time. He doesn’t have a long list of accomplishments. Only participates and does the things he really enjoys, which seems to make him happy. :laughing:

7 Likes

I’m a little worried, all!

23 submitted completed application September 15th.

We tried to submit it earlier but 23 didn’t look for an email about setting up a Pitt portal and didn’t do the SRAR. I discovered the issues and had 23 fix this.

So, September 15 was the day we finally got everything submitted for real.

3.8 UW
4.2 out of 4.4 possible weighted
Applied TO
Visited school
Excellent essay
Applying to regular school and not engineering or CS.
Went deep on a select few time-consuming ECs

What do you think?

1 Like

that’s only 2 weeks. no reason to be concerned. as long as the SRAR is complete and they have it

1 Like

From what I have heard in the past, applying mid-September is likely fine, especially if not CS or Engineering or other impacted program. Try to take a deep breath!

Several states in the Northeast don’t even start school until September. True, you don’t need recs or official transcripts, but still many kids from surrounding states won’t be in college application mode until mid-September.

1 Like

I wouldn’t read anything into it at this point. I helped a student who applied at the very end of August and heard this past week, so it was a full four week wait. At this point, the 4-6 week estimate that admissions gives is likely accurate for most applicants.

In would give it at least 4 weeks before worrying or taking any other steps.

1 Like

Mine applied on Sep 15th and was accepted on 29th. Everything will fall in place don’t worry.

Similar to mine and haven’t heard yet either. Went to review stage around the 15th

1 Like

I don’t think I’d worry. It really hasn’t been that long since it’s been complete. If you look through this thread, a bunch have been waiting a bit.

1 Like

Future Pitt Families, Wanted to share there is a U of Pitt fb page you can follow to get updates. I attached a screenshot of the page. Just click “follow”. This is where I found out they have plans to open a new Campus Recreation and Wellness Center will be centrally located on campus, proposed to replace the O’Hara Garage and LRDC building. Check the following link and video! How exciting! H2P!

https://www.studentaffairs.pitt.edu/campus-recreation/wellness-and-recreation-center/

6 Likes