University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

Hi! So my daughter applied 9/8 to Dietrich. Got an acceptance letter in her document center saying she was accepted to the school of public health. Is this just an error? Want to be excited but not sure what to make of this!

1 Like

Thank you. I had an anxious moment there and appreciate your kindness. :blush:

Never mind. :woman_facepalming:t4:

1 Like

What happened? I was curious to see where the disconnect was.

just wondering when my application will move to the review phase and when i’ll hear back on a result. International student to dietrich btw and submitted application on 9/23 and srar on 10/1. This is what is says in my pitt dashboard.

It’s been 2 days since you finished submitting. I’d give it at least 5-7 business days before expecting the application to move to review.

Just don’t make the mistake we did and patiently wait the 4-6 weeks they say it takes to review the manuscript. Check in a bit to make sure they have everything tiny detail. =)

Thanks! how exactly would i check in? just keep checking the portal or?

Call them in the admissions office, they are happy to help.

1 Like

Letters showed up in document center out of order. She was accepted! The public health letter was about applying to graduate school.

8 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Is this the screen I am supposed to see when I log in to the Pitt Document Center? Doesn’t seem right to me. We received an email that her application was received on 9/30.

1 Like

My kid just got accept/decline buttons.

Applied 9/12
Linked SRAR that day
Was pending until late last week
Just happened to log into portal and got the buttons today

Dietrich
Out of state
3.8 unweighted
1400 SAT

10 Likes

My son got in today. Applied 9/21 accepted 10/4. Application went from pending to complete and the buttons appeared. It helps to reach out to them in email with some question.

Dietrich
Out of state
4.0 unweighted
1480 SAT

4 Likes

Out of state and got the Accept/Decline buttons today for
Swanson School of Engineering. Any idea what is the minimum/maximum merit aid that Pittsburg usually gives?

2 Likes

Gatormama collected data from people on CC last year. It’s by no means anything definite, but it will give you an idea of what was given last year. You might want to start there. I don’t think there is anything else online.

2 Likes

need to contact Pitt to see if they have received my TOEFL scores yet. Does anyone know the phone number or which department I should call for this inquiry?

I’d try the main admission office first:
(412) 624-PITT [7488]

1 Like

Two of you just reported students in at Dietrich so maybe that particular college is on the ball.

I have a feeling we will find out 23 has an answer and just has not bothered to look. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

We wish here! Been checking multiple times a day lol. But yea I keep seeing Dietrich

1 Like

@findrightfit , @Gatormama will know, but if I remember from last year, $10,000 was a very good merit offer for OOS. I remember 1 who got $20,000 and maybe another who got $15,000. Merit changed for Pitt in 2019 when they started matching Pell grant recipients 100%.