University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

Did anyone receive the merit money notification yet? I think that Pitt starts sending it out in October.

1 Like

Confirming - does button means accept. I called U Pitt and they said not 100%. Wait for letter to be uploaded in document center.

You’re right, it was right about now that last year’s admittees started getting merit aid letters.
Nothing for my kid.

2 Likes

I had looked for a friend whose daughter applied this year and saw that my daughter received notification of her merit award on 10/7 last year. Since they don’t start reviewing until 10/1, I am guessing she was in the first wave to hear.

2 Likes

My son applied 2 days back via common app and today received an email for activating the account. He activated the account and saw this , and there is a “Begin” button at the end of the page, do we need to go through this even though he submitted all the details via common app

I don’t think we ever saw something like that. Maybe they’re still in the process of uploading Common App stuff to the Pitt system. I wouldn’t worry about it for a while. It will probably go away.

1 Like

I will wait and ask him to check tomorrow.

So at what point do we get concerned when we don’t hear anything lol

Phew! Glad we are not alone!

Got accept/decline button yesterday. Got acceptance letter today. Also got another letter for guaranteed admission in masters in “Graduate School of Public and International
Affairs”.

Any guidance on how to get merit aid?

4 Likes

How long have you been waiting?

My son got in today. Applied 9/21 accepted 10/4. Application went from pending to complete and the buttons appeared. It helps to reach out to them in email with some question.

Dietrich
Out of state
4.0 unweighted
1480 SAT

1 Like

Congrats! Seems like most I’ve seen are Dietrich. I’m sure this great GPA and SAT scores helps, but what kinda questions do you even ask? Not sure mine would do that.

1 Like

We simply asked two things - gave Pitt ID. Asked if everything in application is all set or something is needed. Secondly asked a major specific question.
After email our application was approved with in 24 hours. Good luck

congrats!

1 Like

if your a student who submitted toefl/ielts scores as an international, how long did Pitt take to process them and for it to disappear from your to-dos in the dashboard? Or if you submitted an SAT score, how long did Pitt take to process?

In your portal, did you check to see if they’re there?
If you go up to the Academics tab, there’s a “test scores” segment. Your scores will be there when they arrive and are linked up.

Congrats!

This observation might be conflating correlation with causality though. My daughter submitted her app in mid-September, got the buttons 10 days later- no communication in the interim. (High SAT, middling gpa, applied to SCI)

Given the randomness of rolling admissions, I don’t think there’s any reason to conclude that communication nudges things along. That said, I’m sure it can’t hurt.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Agree. My daughter thinks it would come off as annoying when as she said “mom I can see they got everything”

I agree. Just giving my observation. We could see they received everything. Somebody suggested in this group here. And I think it worked in our favor.

1 Like