University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

@kombucha The biggest advantage I’ve seen with Honors (I have a sophomore) was priority registration for classes. It is HUGE for getting the classes you need freshman year. Also, being in Sutherland was a great experience in terms of the students she meant and how supportive they were of each other academically.

3 Likes

Anyone had a request for Senior mid year grades from Pitt admissions team ?

Anyone who applied for Honors College separately got any update? I am not sure if I need to call/reach out to find his Honors app?

My dd is in with guaranteed acceptance to MS in Education. Applied August 3rd, SRAR went about 3 weeks ago. No news on honor or merit.

1 Like

nothing from honors yet, but the honors application isn’t due til Dec 1 and from the website decisions come on or before March 1.

I wouldn’t expect to hear before Febuary. Anyone know something different?

It’s frustrating how late decisons come for many EA public schools and honors programs…like too late to help decide whether to ED 2 anywhere.

Just a reminder that Pitt is an urban campus and has it’s fair share of crime.
I live here so I follow it closely.
This is horrific campus news… 3rd assault since semester began.
This was brazen, daytime in the Cathedral.
Pitt needs to start talking.

I called Pitt admission office yesterday and they said hope by dec/jan - we will start hearing about honor admissions.

That would be a big change from previous years.

Thanks for sharing! How awful.:cry:

Yes. My son did. What major did you apply for? His is nursing

besides the extra essay that you need to submit separately what else do we need to apply for honors?

I think they asked for an activities resume? but that’s about it. it’s pretty simple.

got it. thx!

I think 23 finished the last part on September 15th. I also think 23 has not bothered to check.

there’s nothing there, although ets said that they already sent it and Pitt said it usually takes time for them to process it.

Applied to Dietriech school

@rescuemutt - When did he apply? When did he get the correspondence requesting mid-year grades? My daughter applied to nursing as well, and is still waiting for any response at all - so I’m just wondering what the timeline looked like for your son? DD applied 9/9 and received the “application has moved to review” email on 9/15. Thanks - and good luck!

My son did yesterday

My daughter got accept/decline button yesterday. Got acceptance letter today. Swanson school /CoE major

4 Likes

major?My daughter got accept/decline button yesterday. Got acceptance letter today. Swanson school /CoE major

2 Likes