University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

You should check to see if there is an official acceptance letter in the document center.

1 Like

I dont see any documents there besides the document that provided the peoplesoft ID when we submitted the application.

That is strange. The letter should be there within 24-48 hours of the two buttons appearance.

Nursing D23 Accepted in Document Center - Pgh campus!

Submitted 9/9
Complete-moved to review phase email 9/15
Acceptance Letter dated 10/10

I really thought this was a reach school for her!
PPA 100.3821 (our school is weird) - I figure it to be 4.1 W / 3.9 UW
class rank 54/296
3 AP (one 1 completed, 2 in progress) + 2 DE (1 completed, 1 in progress)
Test Optional
she volunteers in hospital weekly (front desk, not patient care) and has 3 health care shadow experiences

5 Likes

My daughter got the accept/decline button this morning, but no letter in the document center

2 Likes

Has anyone seen Honors app updates in the portal? I am not sure if it got attached properly or I should call and find out.

If you applied via Common App, you can go look at a preview of your Pitt submissions and see whether you checked yes to the question & filled out that essay.

It states on the Admissions FAQ’s that honor college application reviews are done separately, and come “later”. I assume that it this means that they come later than responses for admissions to Pitt itself.

is there a way to view your honors application if you didn’t use the common app?

We applied separately from Common App, that’s why I am asking questions. I will make a call and check if his Pitt App has his Honors app/essay attached.

1 Like

S23 applied to Pitt directly through the Pitt app, but did not apply to Honors at that time because he wasn’t done with that essay. He plans to submit the Honors app through the web site form. I hope it will be possible to confirm somehow that it was received…

This is the exact situation with my son also (applied through Common App).

He just got an email with a very cool, personalized admitted video. I heard others saying their kids received in previous years and I am glad to get one for my kid too.

2 Likes

Both of my kids received their personalized admissions videos today. Fingers crossed that we hear about merit soon!

3 Likes

Yes mine just got her video…adorable!

2 Likes

Aww, thanks for the heads-up, guys, my kid got his also.
So very cool.

2 Likes

Congrats!! My daughter is a freshman Nursing major at Pitt and loves it!!

3 Likes

Thank you for mentioning this. I’ll ask 23 tonight to check email. Their in box is so overloaded with college marketing messages that I bet the good news is not getting through.

We know 23 is in bc we checked the document center.

4 Likes

Thank you!

Got the admissions video today too. How do we apply for honors? Trying to find link to see the honors application but cannot find it anywhere.

2 Likes

It was in the Common App - a box had to be checked.
If your kid didn’t do it then, you can do it separately; here’s the page:
https://forms.admissions.pitt.edu/honors

In researching this, I found the all-important info on when decisions will be released!
Deadline

Freshman and transfer applicants who wish to be considered for admission to Frederick Honors College must submit a completed application and essay response no later than December 1.

Notification

Students meeting the December 1 deadline will be notified of their Frederick Honors College admissions decision on or before March 1.

So we can all stand down.
A long wait ahead.

3 Likes