University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

When did she apply?

Congrats! When did your student apply?

cgemaj
don’t lost hope! I have to assume our kiddos will be deferred

Same here. Daughter applied to Business school 9/11 and still waiting. I am an alumni so I am really hoping for those buttons soon! :crossed_fingers:

@Lkunk498 mine is also business. Have you checked the portal? Does it say pending still?

My daughters portal changed today from pending to complete but no buttons and nothing in the document center.

1 Like

might help to call the admissions office and ask them what’s the status of the application.

1 Like

@VACat07 Thank you for sharing the subject line. 23 found it, and it was fun to watch. :blush:

Giving timelines for others reference.

DD applied for Swanson on 9/17, moved to review phase on 9/22, started seeing the accept/decline buttons around 10/7, admitted document in the portal on 10/14. No video or letter in the mail yet !!!

3 Likes

If DD just received a letter saying after an in-depth review of her application, they are awarding a $5k/year scholarship for up to 4 years ($20k total), and they did not indicate further consideration will be given for Stamps or Chancellor’s scholarships, does that mean she is out of the running for those? She applied for Stamps, and we are PA residents. She is a high ranking, high stats kiddo. 2nd in class. 1540 SAT, outstanding GPA. I can’t figure this out and we can’t afford this. She also applied for HC, if that makes any difference.

Thought about it but we are just going to give it more time and trust the process. “Application complete” might not be “decision is ready” could just mean they completed one part of the process. Reading last years thread this happened a lot and it could very well be that we just happened to look when it was in that phase. Still keeping fingers crossed. She has a good GPA and amazing extra curricular, community service and leadership. That “should” be enough and if it isn’t then its just not the school for her. Its in her top though so thats the hard part.

2 Likes
  • 8/18/22: Filled out application with essay and supplemental resume and thought SRAR was complete
  • 8/24: Received email for “how you’ll hear”
  • 8/26: Received email that SRAR was not actually finished and submitted; fixed this
  • 8/30: Received email that application was moving to review phase
  • 9/8: Noticed that Accept/Decline button was available in the “Campus Experience” portal but no letter in the “Document Center”; later that day, letters for both acceptance and GAP were available in Document Center; still no email notification from Pitt
  • 9/10 (a Saturday): received email to check document portal
  • 9/25 submitted honors essay
  • 10/11 received a personalized acceptance video (a month after she already knew she was in :joy:)
  • 10/13 received notice and merit award in doc center
2 Likes

Their site says:

Recipients of the Stamps Scholarships will be notified of their selection on or before April 1.

I think Pitt issues one round of merit awards starting in October and then they have those other awards in the spring.

1 Like

The video arrived Oct 11 and letter in the document center arrived Sept 28th.

My daughter received her letter in the documentation center yesterday for School of Computing and Information!

She submitted her app September 27th, was moved to review October 5th, and received the letter (though no email) in the doc center October 13th.

We are over the moon and she is thrilled to have Pitt as a viable choice.

4 Likes

In don’t think this merit award has bearing one way or another on any of the scholarships you mentioned . They are a different process and a different review.

Maybe @Winky1 could help more as her daughter won one last year.

Thank you @Kombucha22

1 Like

My brother got a Zoom interview invitation for Stamps, so it looks like they’re starting to work on those applications. Has your daughter checked her spam folder recently? He applied early September to Pitt and Stamps/Nordenberg. He hasn’t gotten merit, but I’m sure those things are separate.

3 Likes

Could somebody clear this up for me - the Stamps essay question is the exact same question as for honors on the Common App, even though the PA Scholarships application page states it is only for PA residents and only for Stamps/Nordenberg. Should we fill it out again?

1 Like

Stamps/Nordenberg and honors have the same essay prompt but they’re reviewed by different committees as far as I know. The only way to be considered for Stamps is through their PA Scholars application, which is only open to PA residents. If your child is planning on applying to those scholarships (provided you guys are residents of the state), they would have to fill out that separate application. Stamps/Nordenberg does require a resume in addition to the essay.

3 Likes