University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

Thanks much; kid just received email today to the PA Scholars application - I don’t think it’s particularly personalized, so don’t everyone flip out. :slight_smile:
And he’s gotten no merit notification. So I think it’s just sent to everyone in-state…

A bigger question: He should write a different essay for this one, even though it’s the same prompt … anyone think differently?

1 Like

And still another question for @privatems and @billythegoldfish and @Nemesis_Artemis and @Scooby22:
Did your kid report class rank?
I didn’t gather that info last year; maybe I should’ve.

NO. Our school does not rank nor calculate GPA

1 Like

Thanks. No GPA? Or am I misunderstanding… maybe they don’t do cumulative or something?

Our school does not rank so no.
Reported grades and SAT score. Uploaded an activities list.

Applied really early though. I think Aug 1.

1 Like

Yes, The school does not calculate any kind of GPA. Its just grades on transcript

1 Like

Thanks, all. I’m not doing a spreadsheet for next year, lol, but whoever’s watching from Class of 2024 can take note :slight_smile:

I have to admit I check more than my daughter-twice a day! Seems like Dietrich is quicker at “activating” those buttons. The wait is killing me!
Update-Daughter says it is now complete, but no document or buttons yet.

My daughter just checked-moved to complete today but no buttons or documents yet. Ugh!

If someone DOES do a spreadsheet, it would be interesting to see the date that the student applied, and how much of an effect it had to apply early!

1 Like

Yeah, it is awfully tempting to check, isn’t it? I had to stop, since my son told me, “Mommmmmm!!! Stop checking that!” and I had to agree that it’s his right to be the one to check it! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I believe applying early does make a large difference. Here is the timeline for S23 (Finance major; OOS)

09/02: applied
09/15: got email that application was in review status
09/26: buttons changed
09/28: admission letter in Document Center

U Pittsburgh was a hard target / reach for him. After extensively researching CC, we decided applying early to schools with rolling admissions should be part of our college application strategy.

3 Likes

Oh wow… yup same here. Like I said, maybe it just means the application is completed but no decision yet. Good luck!!

School does decile but does not rank. She is in the top decile but did not report that because she applied before the information was available.

Could you share the spreadsheet you made last year, please?

Sure, you need to send me a DM with an email address so I can send you a share link, preferably a gmail address as Google Sheets likes those best.

I know that Winky1’s D did write a separate essay. They figured it never hurts for those making such a big decision to see more of you. :grin:

2 Likes

Yes. My student did report class rank

1 Like

Would you be able to share the academics GPA, SAT, AP’s ?

2 Likes

Daughter was finally home a bit on Sunday and checked her portal. She received a merit scholarship in her document center during the week.

7 Likes

Congrats to her!!

Where did she see the award? Was it under the financial aid section or something labeled “document center”?

2 Likes