University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

To my understanding, Pitt reviews your application for your first choice campus (such as the main campus). If your stats are not strong and the main campus committee can not accept you in the main campus, the main campus committee sends your application to other smaller campuses, which are less competitive.

Did anyone get a letter in their portal assigning them a student ID number to replace your social security number in the system. Is this just part of the process while reviewing your application?

UGH! What does your “application status” show. My daughters now shows two separate applications (with two different numbers) Did he get any email or explaination?

1 Like

Mine applied 9/1, SRAR was 9/15.

Still in review. But an idletter was loaded. It does say it is not an admission decision

Application status says application complete. Letter in document center saying he got in to Pitt Johnstown. They couldn’t offer him admit to main campus

Sorry! Can you email them or ask to change the major to better the chance to get in? Not sure if they do that.

When my daughter applied last year, she debated between applying directly to CBA or Dietrich. Her admissions counselor at Pitt told her that if she was not accepted to CBA (or any other specific college at Pitt), she would be considered for Dietrich/undecided. She applied and was accepted to CBA, but it was reassuring to know that re-consideration for Dietrich was automatic.

Perhaps that process changed since last year because of the increase in applications, but as @Winky1 said, in the past it was possible to get into main even without acceptance to the first choice program.

2 Likes

He applied business first then arts and sciences. So I guess he wouldn’t have gotten in to arts and sciences then either and ONLY a regional campus. He actually doesn’t care it wasn’t his first, second or third choice. Hopefully he will here from the others soon. He has 2 other acceptances so he’s going somewhere!!

Congratulations on other acceptances. So he is good then :smiley:

3 Likes

Yes, it is normal. Pitt does not want to use SSN.

1 Like

Congratulations on having two other acceptances so early on!

1 Like

I don’t have experience as a Pitt mom, but I do live in the Philly suburbs, and lots of Jewish kids from our area go to Pitt. I heard the Hillel is great! (and I heard kids from Carnegie Mellon also share the same Hillel.) Hillel offers a welcome week where the kids can move in early and meet other kids with activities, dinners etc for a few days. My son is very excited about Pitt (and he also loves Maryland, and I am an alum) Excited to see how it shakes out!

3 Likes

does this mean I got in?

5 Likes

99.999% yes but not 100% to you get the notification in the Document center

1 Like

how long does it usually take for the letter to show up in the document center?

Usually a couple of days.

We received that letter about a week prior to decision.

Congratulations!

Congratulations! when did you apply?