University of Pittsburgh Class of 2027 Official Discussion Thread

Applied on 9/23
Notified that application went into review on 10/14
I submitted SRAR on 10/01 but my TOEFL score was only processed on 10/13
Received buttons today(10/18)
Yet to receive my official letter though

1 Like

How do we know if the admission is for the main campus?

It should say the college you’re accepted to (like, Dietrich Arts & Sciences)

It also looks like the college of acceptance may have the initial of the branch after it (UPB, UPJ, UPT, UPG).

1 Like

If kids are being given acceptances at branch campuses already, I think this is new strategy for Pitt. I am thinking they are being more selective early on for main campus and are utilizing branch campuses in a way that they only did very late in the process in previous years. Penn State does this, correct? What will be interesting is if Pitt continues to give more detailed info about transferring to main campus (if that is what the admins want). Penn State really touts their 2+2, right? I’m vague on PSU, but I’m remembering that.

3 Likes

I was thinking the same. This seems to be a new approach. After 2 years of over-enrollment and 5 years of rapid growth in applications, they might be rethinking their institutional strategy.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they shift to Penn State’s strategy of Early Admissions, too. PSU has a rolling option, but it’s different than most rolling admissions and does not return a fast response. Pitt may be headed in that direction.

1 Like

I can see that. But, what they are doing now could help enrollment at the branch campuses which I see as regional schools, nice small colleges.

1 Like

I don’t check on any of her other applications-only Pitt since I am an alumni.
It’s not her top choice-my husband says she only applied because I did such a hard sell.
Oh well -all for naught since today she got accepted to Greensburg campus-she definitely will not want to go there as she wants an urban environment!

Just curious did she put Greensboro as one of the options on the application where it asked for first choice etc? Or did they just randomly assign her here.

1 Like

Son got merit aid letter today. $5000/year. OOS

9 Likes

If Pitt is not her first choice, hopefully she is not disappointed then. Good luck with her first choice college!

2 Likes

She only put main campus down.

Ok good to know we did the same meaning we are not interested in the other campuses. Interesting they assigned a different campus anyway. We are still waiting to hear.

She is not disappointed at all. Good luck to everyone else with their notifications!

Pitt is a great school and my hometown is SO fabulous-any students who get accepted and choose to go will love it!

5 Likes

when did he receive his acceptance letter?

My son got 5,000 in state per year. Does that mean he is not being considered for the bigger Stamps, etc. . . Or are they separate

3 Likes

Dphinphan, no, they are separate processes. If your child is chosen for Stamps/Nordenberg/Chancellors, that award will replace any previous awards given. Congrats!

2 Likes

I agree with you. Mine won’t go to any other campus except the one she applied to- I know its a little cheaper at the other campus but its not the same and ultimately she wants to be at the city campus so we will see if she eventually gets in. And agree its very similar to what PSU does and it would be the same if she got into a branch of PSU and not main. No thanks. Yes it could help the other branches but at the same time many will just go elsewhere all together.

1 Like

I agree

It is simple that deciding to go to main campus or branch campus depends on each student/family’s situation. Each campus has advantages and disadvantages.